View Full Version : Narbonensis, no one will trade w/me..
10-09-2006, 12:59 AM
I am in Narbonensis campaign have set up trade routes, their traders come and go w/o buying anything, they sell me their stuff which I can't afford cause they won't buy, It doesn't seem to matter where the slider is or how much stuff I have. what am I doing wrong?
10-09-2006, 08:13 AM
this sounds like the problem i had. I set all the stuff for the trading roads but nowone bought my goods! It was cause i forgot to tell how many stuff to sell.
Go to the counsellor pane clich resources then in the bottom there is a button click it and in the next form adjust quantities to be sold.
Hope to be usefull
10-09-2006, 09:28 AM
Are the goods you are tring to export stored in the trade depot? do you have those goods set to stockpile? stockpile should be unchecked. I had a problem like this once, it was not set to stockpile but it was earlier. i checked and unchecked stock pile and trading resumed. may have been coincedence not sure. the adjustable numbers on the import/export screen are not explained too well in the game. the import number will limit your city wide inventory to the set amount. the export number will set how many your city must have before you will export it.
10-09-2006, 11:32 AM
1. Make sure that the trade route is in fact open and not suspended.
2. Did you build a trade depot for that city next to a road?
3. Is it working? (labor shortage plebs/equites?) Did you accidentaly mothball your trade depot?
4. Did you set the items you want to sell on from that depot to SELL? Are the sliders for those items set on zero? If they are move them higher.
5. Are the items you want to sell on stockpiling? (see resource advisor trade/store function)
6. Are you retaining too much of the item for your city and don't have enough to sell? (See same advisor above trade/store function)
7. If trading by sea, the end of the trade depot piers/docks must be in the water even if only by a litte bit and not entirely on land. The small green dots that appear at the end of the piers of the sea trading depot when yo go to place one must be in the water. Also make sure that the area that those dots appears in is not obstructed by a rock formation or narrow passage.
10-17-2006, 08:26 PM
Thanks guys, It turns out I did not understand the export limit slider. It is not explained well at all, but I get it now. Thanx again
vBulletin® v3.7.2, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.