PDA

View Full Version : Forts and prefects

raj
10-13-2006, 01:26 PM
Hello all,

I finished Narona, Republic Map yesterday. I saw a interesting thing just before completion which i thought will post here ...

One of my Heavy Infantry Forts completely burnt down ... i was assuming that the Forts are self sufficient except for the cart pusher who periodically fetches food from the Mess Hall ...

Do Forts need visits from prefects as well?

Jimaaten
10-13-2006, 02:03 PM
Do Forts need visits from prefects as well?I don't know, but the easiest way to know if they do or not is to use the fire overlay. If the building appears as flattened (grid pattern instead of grayed out building), then it doesn't need prefect attention. The same thing for the engineer using the damage overlay. :)

I do know enemy soldiers can torch it.

vic_4
10-13-2006, 02:45 PM
Or it could have been Juppiter wrath.

Zamolxes
10-13-2006, 03:06 PM
Only buildings imune to fire are stone buildings like: reservoirs, walls, towers, MAYBE circus, MAYBE! Everything else can be burned, either by a lightning strike or torches of the enemy, or simply no tending prefects.
Fire is 1 thing I dont play with, and all my cities have insane quantity of prefects, ergo, i never had 1 fire, ever. Even buildings that enemy torches, usually are geting saved by my army of prefects, after they slaughter the enemy hehe.

bexgames
10-13-2006, 03:38 PM
me too...
Hello, my name is Bex, and I'm a prefect'oholic...:o

raj
10-13-2006, 04:26 PM
I had prty sure it was not jupiter, but Lightning could have been the cause, it did rain around the time when the Fort burnt down, but i did not notice the lightning ... as a good Governer i was taking care of my city ... ;)

I do have a thing to add about the Screen messages though ... some of the screens are displayed after the event has occured and does not give us a chance to fix it ... for example i came to know that a Fort got burnt after it actalluy happened ... :( ... and also i feel that these messages occupy a large portion of your screen ...

what do you guys feel?

MarkDuffy
10-13-2006, 05:21 PM
Welcome to our family, Raj! :)

Do Forts need visits from prefects as well?

No military structure is supposed to catch fire. The Fire Risk overlay flattens those buildings.

Collapse has one exception. Towers can collapse. I found this out the hard way. ;)

Cartpusher
10-13-2006, 05:43 PM
Bex, I believe the correct term is "prefectionist".:rolleyes:

bexgames
10-13-2006, 06:39 PM
ABSOLUTELY! "prefectionist"...that's what I meant..yeah, yeah, that's it. ;)

Cart, you're obviously an "enabler" which means I love ya even more!

Keith
10-13-2006, 06:50 PM
Enemy troops will attack forts and burn them down. So if you had a battle raging and some of the enemy got into your city unseen by you they could have burned the fort down. I had a small group of Britons get in to my city and attack one of my forts in that manner.

raj
10-14-2006, 06:28 PM
Thanks for the welcome Mark.

Keith, i had my city covered completely with walls so i am sure no enemy sneeked through, and i remember buying the enemy one time ... so it was defenitely not due to any attacks ...

I will try and post a image ... hopefully i have the game saved just before that instant ... :o

I like the game though ... just finished the Hippo Regius map ... the favor in that scenario was a good challenge ... and a big carthaganian battle ... awesome fun ... :)

Keith
10-14-2006, 07:14 PM
The enemy can scale your walls.

MarkDuffy
10-14-2006, 07:39 PM
The enemy can scale your walls.

They sure can, Keith! :D

However, Forts cannot burst into flames from lack of Prefect coverage.

My enemy Calvary runs away from my Ballistas now. They make me come out after them. Very Tricky, TM! :D

Keith
10-15-2006, 02:38 AM
Both the archers on the wall and ballista on the towers have a very long range. I saw my wall guards pick off bandit horsmen at very long distances in Carthago. Of course the enemy have to stay put for a short time, which they obligingly do, before they move again.

MarkDuffy
10-15-2006, 08:23 AM
Both the archers on the wall and ballista on the towers have a very long range. I saw my wall guards pick off bandit horsmen at very long distances in Carthago. Of course the enemy have to stay put for a short time, which they obligingly do, before they move again.

TM has designed C4 like COTN, Keith. If you stop at the win screen, you miss a LOT! Everything gets harder. Bigger requests & demands, more frequently too! Your people get more picky.

I wuz reading a bit of the Prima guide. They said to win quickly before the enemy attacks & Bribe all the time. I threw the Guide against the wall.

Continue Play is the ONLY way to go. Fast is just too damn easy. Enemies git better! :D :D :D

yoshi
10-15-2006, 08:40 AM
me too...
Hello, my name is Bex, and I'm a prefect'oholic...:o
*Belch* Ya need to be with Cartho. Fires happen many times. Prefects are needed. :D

The green Dino was here.