Tilted Mill Community
Tilted Mill / Medieval Mayor /Nile Online / Mosby's Confederacy / Hinterland / Children of the Nile / SimCity Societies / Caesar IV

Go Back   Tilted Mill Community > Mosby's Confederacy - Official Forums > Community Technical Support

Old 11-24-2008, 05:15 PM
Shopkeeper

Default [SUG] "All Attack"/"All Charge" buttons

Could we have a button that had all squads attack or charge the selected target?
Old 11-24-2008, 06:15 PM
Vagrant

It would be great if an all attack function can be implemented. I like to concentrate all the fire power on one enemy at one time. Not having to toggle between all the squad would be less time consuming.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:44 PM
Craftsman

I'm actually not sure that is the best use of arms. I have been experimenting with having each squads attack a different target and I suspect it works better than concentrated firepower on one target. Given the type of arms in use at the time, and the level of discipline and fear on both sides, being shot at would have been a most effective way of disrupting return fire. Concentrating on one target is likely to give the enemy not under fire the opportunity to draw a bead on your soldiers and do more damage.

I am of the impression that this is not what I call a "ticky-tac" mode of combat like many games, where "damage" is accumulated on a "health bar" until one or the other target is defeated. I think either you are hit or you ain't. And if you are, it does mild, moderate or fatal damage. (Although I must admit that none of my raiders has ever been one-shot, though I think I have seen it happen to the enemy once in a while.)

Of course, this is all conjecture, but I'd like others to try the multi-target approach and see if they experience similar results.

On a tangential note, I think my raiders suffer less damage when fighting near cover, though the graphics do not show them going prone or otherwise using the cover. But that, too, could be my imagination.

Well, I am stuck at the moment, since all my available missions are "clear the map" kind and I have not been able to get them to complete without freezing up.

Here's hoping that little problem is fixed in the next day or two, eh?

Ouij
Old 01-03-2011, 06:31 PM
Vagrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouijdani View Post
I'm actually not sure that is the best use of arms. I have been experimenting with having each squads attack a different target and I suspect it works better than concentrated firepower on one target. Given the type of arms in use at the time, and the level of discipline and fear on both sides, being shot at would have been a most effective way of disrupting return fire. Concentrating on one target is likely to give the enemy not under fire the opportunity to draw a bead on your soldiers and do more damage.

I am of the impression that this is not what I call a "ticky-tac" mode of combat like many games, where "damage" is accumulated on a "health bar" until one or the other target is defeated. I think either you are hit or you ain't. And if you are, it does mild, moderate or fatal damage. (Although I must admit that none of my raiders has ever been one-shot, though I think I have seen it happen to the enemy once in a while.)

Of course, this is all conjecture, but I'd like others to try the multi-target approach and see if they experience similar results.

On a tangential note, I think my raiders suffer less damage when fighting near cover, though the graphics do not show them going prone or otherwise using the cover. But that, too, could be my imagination.
Well, I am stuck at the moment, since all my available missions are "clear the map" kind and I have not been able to get them to complete without freezing up.

Here's hoping that little problem is fixed in the next day or two, eh?

Ouij
I'm new at the game, but I would like to know if posturing my troops in or around cover (i.e., trees, rocks, buildings,..) truly affords defensive protection. At least, the tactical/offensive positioning seems to affect how quickly an enemy unit will panic? Enemy units that are surrounded seem to break more quickly when under fire.