Tilted Mill Community
Tilted Mill / Medieval Mayor /Nile Online / Mosby's Confederacy / Hinterland / Children of the Nile / SimCity Societies / Caesar IV

Go Back   Tilted Mill Community > SimCity Societies - Official Forums > Mods (Files)

Old 11-19-2011, 11:46 PM
Overseer

Default The SCS Mod Compilation Distribution

Hello all, it's exciting to be back to the Tilted Mill Society. The price you have to pay with taking a hiatus however, I'm sure many of you know quite too well, is the whole reinstallation drama of SCS Destinations...you know, grab SCS from your disk, then go around the great wall of china renamed "Orgin" to recover your Destinations from EA server...then have to surf and fetch just 15 pages worth of mods lol....scoop out the corrupt ones install each 1 by 1 then find your missing some or object text not showing up da da da da da the list goes on. Nevertheless, today I wish to present the lastest concept from Pcgamer2 labs.....

The SCS Mod Compilation Distribution! This is a project that will help automize the daunting task process of compiling a complete library of stable SCS addons/mods. After all, these addons are what give us the true Sim City Societies, and enables the game to continue to live on through this community. Wouldn't it be great if there was a quick and easy install-and-go option for returning players who want to pick up where they left off, or for new players who haven't yet experienced an enchanted SCS?

SCS Mod Compilation Distribution Platform Preview [ Release 2011.11 ]

Download here https://rapidshare.com/files/1440579...ror2011.11.zip (305mb download)

So far as of current, this release only merely compiles the library of tested stable addons that do not overrwrite the orginal objects into one .zip download. This means the only automization so far is the frustrating tasks of surfing through the 15 page long mod forum downloading each 1 at a time.

As an urgent note, I did NOT create any of these addons, credit goes to the honored following:

MidrealmDM70
Azeem
bpsucks
Sim2Kid405
zero7
Calypso78
WolfwoodSama
Pathfinderfl
Jimbo64
veryConfused
Primetime01969
soldyne
gwynnblaid
mmm11105
ModDuffer
Jamin80011
Lilbluesmurf
Jamin80011
Poe2008
Zebediah

Please also recognize that there are over 15 pages worth of mods in this library package, so it's impossible for me to list all of them. As nearly every addon was compiled in the library, I will only list mods that couldn't be compiled as well as the stated reasoning, and the link to the mod's download thread:

Addons that are marked as unstable:

Addons that overwrite the orginal vanilla files:

Addons that modify the actual mechnics of the game:

Addons that are heightmaps:

Addon miscellaneous:
Now that you read through all the bla bla, you can download the platform preview here https://rapidshare.com/files/1440579...ror2011.11.zip

Please note this is a Platform Preview so there may still be issues with the compilation and addons included as they haven't went through that many filters. Please leave feedback/bugs/suggestions! I am currently planning for in the future to somehow make a giant SCSPACK or another executable that will allow you to install all the addons in 1 click. As stands of now, the best you can do with this is select 15 (no more or install Windows won't allow) right click and click open and you will get the 15 prompts of which you can just keep hitting enter on your keyboard (with Vista/7 be sure to turn off user account control before or use your left key on keyboard to select yes rather than no). It speeds up through the list a bit faster.

Also are any of you facing addons not showing their infoboxes or objecttext? I'm planning for a miny app that will automatically generate all the xmls in the correct operating folder. But for now we got to do it the manual way: open up windows explorer, put this in the top box C:\ProgramData\SimCity Societies\Localization\en_us" copy all the contents there, then paste them into C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\SimCity™ Societies\DataXP1\Localization\en_us\ObjectText (If you don't live in the US you'll need to put it in your own country's localization folder, also if your using a 32 bit operating system takeout the (x86) from the location line) and voilà 95% of the text should appear

Last edited by pcgamer2; 06-23-2012 at 09:49 AM.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:29 PM
Noble

Thanks for going through the trouble of compiling everything. Even though the SCS community never seemed particularly active, it's the volume of mods produced is nonetheless surprising.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:27 PM
Villager

Thanks for making this list. I have just came back to SimCity Societies and I am planning to install it sometime this week. The thing I hated the most about this game was installing the mods again. Now that is shortened down. Thanks again.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:54 PM
Overseer

No prob, after all we are a community here...Welcome back and enjoy SCS
Old 02-11-2012, 06:30 AM
Villager

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcgamer2 View Post
Thanks, I've always liked the great community spirit here.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:08 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcgamer2 View Post
Yes indeed we are a community, a small community When I originally downloaded the mods I put them in a separate folder, so they will always be there for me. But in case I screwed one up or didn't get it downloaded your listing is AWESOME. Do I have to join Rapid Share?

Welcome back, are you going to start doing some new mods????
Old 02-12-2012, 07:06 PM
Noble

"Tiny community" would be more accurate. But we're still here nonetheless.

Anyway, I may return to re-texturing for SCS during spring break. Any particular buildings anyone here would like to see retextured?

Last edited by Azeem; 02-12-2012 at 08:36 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:03 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azeem View Post
"Tiny community" would be more accurate. But we're still here nonetheless.

Anyway, I may return to re-texturing for SCS during spring break. Any particular buildings anyone here would like to see retextured?
High Rise
Condominium
Townhouse
Some of the multi-family buildings
Old 06-20-2012, 05:36 PM
Vagrant

Thanks for keeping this alive and available. SCS is a pretty neat little game I keep finding myself returning to and mods like the ones you've compiled here sure do add a lot to the game.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:50 AM
Vagrant

I'm having a bit of trouble getting the modded item names and descriptions to show up in game. Followed the instructions detailed at the end of the first post, but in game, all I get is a bunch of blank boxes where the names should be:

If anyone has encountered anything like this or has any insights they can share that would help me address this issue, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks!
Old 06-23-2012, 12:52 AM
Noble

The Buildings text file needs to be placed in the main installation Data XP1 Localization folder. If you're using the US localization, then put it in DataXP1/Localization/en_us/ObjectText
Old 12-24-2012, 06:45 PM
Vagrant

Could someone please re-upload this compilation mod? Or, perhaps someone could direct me to other working links. I haven't been able to find any working links on the forum.

Thank you.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:18 PM
Luminary

All the file attachments in older posts are no longer available. They got lost in a server move a year or so ago.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:12 PM
Vagrant

Thanks for your reply Keith. Do you have the "compilation" mod that is the subject of this thread? If so, I'd appreciate your sending it to me or uploading it here. If you just want to send it to me, I can host it so that others can download it too.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:08 AM
Luminary

I'm afraid I can't help you there. Sorry. Just keep checking back here on this thread. I'm sure someone will let you know if they have it or not when the see this thread. It may take a little time.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:25 AM
Luminary

I think I have it here, but it's 300+MB so I don't know how to upload. How does this skydrive thingy work?

Try this link: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...Fs7pwDO9WIwH4o

Last edited by tobing; 12-26-2012 at 01:13 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:25 PM
Vagrant

Great to hear, tobing! I've been checking into skydrive. If you have a hotmail account, it seems pretty easy. Here is a link to some basic instructions:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/s...ermissions-faq

From what I have read, the current limit for an individual file is 2 GB. However, if I am wrong about this limit and you need to split up the file into smaller chunks, a good program is HJSplit, which you can find here:

http://www.hjsplit.org

I know it can be a pain to set up a new account just to share a file. I hope this process isn't too much trouble for you.

Thank you.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:40 PM
Luminary

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox456 View Post
I know it can be a pain to set up a new account just to share a file. I hope this process isn't too much trouble for you.

Thank you.
Done, I hope it works. I have a Windows live account - so that did it. Tell me if you can download the file without having to log in, I suspect that MS wants the downloader to have an account, too...
Old 12-26-2012, 01:55 PM
Vagrant

Wow! That was fast. I was under the impression that you had to provide a link for others to be able to download it. Let me see if I can access it.

EDIT: I also have a Windows Live account. I have read that you can view someone's profile and then click on their documents folder to download a particular file. However, whenever I try to view the profile of any of my friends, Windows Live crashes....

Last edited by fox456; 12-26-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:10 PM
Luminary

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox456 View Post
Wow! That was fast. I was under the impression that you had to provide a link for others to be able to download it. Let me see if I can access it.
The link is in my earlier post...