Tilted Mill Community
Tilted Mill / Medieval Mayor /Nile Online / Mosby's Confederacy / Hinterland / Children of the Nile / SimCity Societies / Caesar IV

Go Back   Tilted Mill Community > SimCity Societies - Official Forums > General Discussion

Old 04-08-2012, 07:05 PM
Vagrant

Smile New Website

Hi Guys

Am building a new website for City Builders either as part of a game like SimCity Societies or Real Life, its still a beta site at this stage, as I'm still tiding up the help screens, forum categories, etc.

But you are all welcome to visit or set up an account for when we go live (people are welcome to post or try out the blogging or discussions side of the site)

http://citybuilders.co.nz/joomla/index.php/en/

-catty
Old 04-09-2012, 11:29 PM
Noble

Registered.

What sort of things are you going to have on the site?
Old 04-13-2012, 01:54 AM
Vagrant

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azeem View Post
Registered.

What sort of things are you going to have on the site?
Hi Azeem

Thanks and apologies for not replying sooner, I seem to be burning the candles at both ends and a few things that were important included posted back here have fallen off the edges

The site is going to have three main areas;

Forum = Concentrating on cities both real life and in city-building games, the site will not be focused on a particular game, if you can build a city in it, then welcome aboard.

Discussions = This side of the site will be for exactly what its called discussions on any topic you like, as well as asking for help or asking a question re your games, no restrictions except for the usual forum rule of no politics, religion, etc, etc ... plus the addition of one extra rule and that's no bad-mouthing other city building games while on site.

Blogs = Can be on anything you like same restrictions as above

There isn't a download area at the moment and there may never be one, but if the requirement is there for something that can't be put on other sites download areas then I'm happy to look at putting one in.

The site is still being finished off, so now is the time to ask for stuff as its going to be easier to add it in now rather than once people start using it.

hope that helps with your question

-catty
Old 05-25-2012, 02:43 PM
Vagrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by catty View Post
Hi Azeem
...Forum = Concentrating on cities both real life and in city-building games, the site will not be focused on a particular game, if you can build a city in it, then welcome aboard.

Discussions = This side of the site will be for exactly what its called discussions on any topic you like, as well as asking for help or asking a question re your games, no restrictions except for the usual forum rule of no politics, religion, etc, etc ... plus the addition of one extra rule and that's no bad-mouthing other city building games while on site.

Blogs = Can be on anything you like same restrictions as above

There isn't a download area at the moment and there may never be one, but if the requirement is there for something that can't be put on other sites download areas then I'm happy to look at putting one in.-catty
Hi Guys

A few changes to the site, the blogs have been deleted and despite my last post the site now has a downloads area called City Builders Exchange or CBEX, if you visit you will notice the CBEX has separate download areas for each game including SimCity Societies and I'm happy to add more areas.

Currently Azeem from this site has upload rights

[Azeem you are limited to uploading files 10mb or under and anything you do upload won't be immediately available to people to download as I have to OK the file on the admin side )

All are welcome to the site and if anyone else wants upload rights let me know.

Cathy
Old 05-27-2012, 09:02 PM
Craftsman

Thanks Cathy. It looks like a great site!
Old 05-28-2012, 01:51 PM
Vagrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearblue View Post
Thanks Cathy. It looks like a great site!

thanks it still a bit of a work in progress
Old 05-28-2012, 09:39 PM
Noble

I've been pretty busy with things these days, but once I have the time, I'll post up some SCS files on your site.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:12 PM
Vagrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azeem View Post
I've been pretty busy with things these days, but once I have the time, I'll post up some SCS files on your site.
I think we are all ... busy that is, I can't remember when I just has the time to play a city game without feeling guilty that I should be doing something else more ...

Old 05-31-2012, 01:14 PM
Vagrant

Hi Guys

Just to let you know the site was moved to its live location last night and hopefully unless we missed something in the move its should be good to go at;

www.citybuilders.co.nz

or http://citybuilders.co.nz/index.php/en/

Cathy
Old 10-07-2012, 05:28 AM
Vagrant

Thanks for the link !!
Old 09-06-2013, 01:35 PM
Vagrant

Default Update

Its been a while since I posted in here I do pop in occasionally to see what's happening with SC Societies, the site I set up is still going strong, if anyone still plays SimCity 3000 and needs any one of the official updates or wants a city we have quite a few these days and of course SC Society players are always welcome

Old 11-13-2013, 07:04 PM
Shopkeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by catty View Post
Its been a while since I posted in here I do pop in occasionally to see what's happening with SC Societies, the site I set up is still going strong, if anyone still plays SimCity 3000 and needs any one of the official updates or wants a city we have quite a few these days and of course SC Society players are always welcome

Hey, whatever happened to your site? Also if you have the latest SC3000 patches (including to ensure it works in Win7) that would be cool.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:09 AM
Vagrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum Reality View Post
Hey, whatever happened to your site? Also if you have the latest SC3000 patches (including to ensure it works in Win7) that would be cool.
Site is still going strong, you will find it here

http://www.citybuilders.co.nz/

the SC3000 patches are here

http://www.citybuilders.co.nz/index....cial-downloads

some of the files in the exchange still need pictures and descriptions added to them, but hopefully you should be able to find what you need, as for compatibility I use Windows 7 64-bit and haven't had any problems so far ... you will need an account on the site to download the files and also download points, you get ten on setting up an account and another 0.50 a point each day you login, also if you enter this code in the box under the home button NOV-K0DFIYZ5 you will get another 20 points.

Any problems let me know

-catty
Old 11-27-2013, 05:39 PM
Vagrant

Talking cosas para SCS??

Hola, busco packs, mods y cosas para el simcity societies pero no he encontrado nada en esa nueva web. ¿ya no hay nada? Si alguien puede ayudarme lo agradecería enormemente

Gracias!!
Old 12-01-2013, 02:55 AM
Vagrant

Smile

Skorpy Hola, No nos fijamos en los mods disponibles aquí

http://tiltedmill.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41

por favor ver los archivos adjuntos a los mensajes en este foro

-catty
Old 09-06-2014, 12:31 PM
Vagrant

Hi Guys

Should have posted a moving address in here ... feeling bad

Site has now moved to www.city-builders.info

The file exchange is here http://city-builders.info/cbex

The SCS section has a couple of pdf documents that I retrieved from the old SCS site.

The exchange (CBEX) is more about a place to keep the old deleted official updates from the SC3, SC4 and SCS sites (plus CityScape).

Users can request their own briefcase which they can keep up to 12 files (maximum 50mb total).

-catty
Old 09-08-2014, 04:51 AM
Villager

It's nice to your website to keep old deleted official updates for Simcity series.

But what about SCS mods?

Lolt

Last edited by Lolt; 09-08-2014 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Forgot to add my name, add d to delete & add SCS
Old 09-09-2014, 09:00 PM
Vagrant

Anybody that gets permission to have a "Briefcase" can upload SCS files, or SC4 or even SimCity 2013 files to it, or if they prefer then they can upload files to the main exchange ... its just a case of asking, but the briefcases work exactly like the main exchange does the only difference is only registered users can see and download the files in them, whereas the main exchange anyone can download a file they don't have to have account to do so, but they do have to enter a CAPTCHA code.

Briefcases are currently set to 12 files (max 50mb) but that's something that can be changed if people need more space, I just didn't want to go overboard re space as someone ie me has to pay for it

-catty

Last edited by catty; 09-09-2014 at 09:04 PM.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:41 PM
Luminary

You should consider using cloud storage places like MEGA, pCloud, Tusfiles, Firedrive, etc. Many places I download files from on the net now use them instead of hosting the files themselves.

For instance, MEGA.co.nz, gives you 50GB of free space. You can upload files to the site and make the links available for others to download. The only hitch is that the account holder is the only one that can upload to the account. You can do this manually or you set up a backup sync that will automatically backup files to your MEGA account from any folder you designate on your computer.

Some places let you even stream video files directly from the cloud server. I placed a video on pCloud that can be downloaded or streamed over the net.

Here is the streaming link to the video I have on pCloud:
https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?c...vEmKptduG7A1u7

If you need more space, you can pay a fee to these sites. Some sites only give you 10GB of free space. I mention these as a alternative to having hosted files that you may have to pay to store.
Old 09-10-2014, 02:51 AM
Villager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
You should consider using cloud storage places
Yeah i already know that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
MEGA
Wait, is that MEGA (mega.co.nz) replaces Megaupload (megaupload.com) ?

Lolt

Last edited by Lolt; 09-10-2014 at 02:52 AM. Reason: Add addition Keith quote's