Tilted Mill Community
Tilted Mill / Medieval Mayor /Nile Online / Mosby's Confederacy / Hinterland / Children of the Nile / SimCity Societies / Caesar IV

Go Back   Tilted Mill Community > Medieval Mayor - Official Forums > General Discussion

Old 10-11-2013, 02:05 PM
Tilted Mill Team Member (President)

Default Medieval Mayor News

Hey all,

First my deepest apologies for not updating things sooner or more regularly - I guess I was hoping I'd have some better news to post. So I'll get right to it - after careful and painful consideration we've decided we need to put our beloved Medieval Mayor on hiatus.

It's not at all that we don't believe in and cherish this game, it's just that various other project commitments as well as the usual funding challenges have caused the process to move so slowly that it's not fair to you and not viable for us to keep going with it right now.

I can't say when we will return to Medieval Mayor - the wheels just need to line up right - and I sincerely hope and believe that will happen. I just don't want to keep our fans hanging out there any longer.

We do have some other projects in the works, but I'm not going to release any information about that until things are more certain. We do hope to bring you a new game in the near future.

You guys have been great - better than we hope for and probably deserve. I can't tell you how much we appreciate your ongoing support and faith in us, and your patience (and also your lack of patience when that is appropriate - you know who you are!!).

Medieval Mayor is not dead, just... taking a nap, so we'd love to continue to hear your great ideas and thoughts for the game, and we'll keep the forums open for that. Hopefully it won't be long before we're back to it.

Once again my sincere thanks to all of you.

-Chris
Old 10-11-2013, 02:56 PM
Shopkeeper

Thanks for the information...guess it wasn't easy to come up with it. Needless to say that i am not happy about it..

Haven't you considered kickstarter or the like? I'd gladly help you finance the game beforehand and i am sure i am not the only one.

Keep it up...will see what comes next.

Been with you since 1995...won't go out that easely
Old 10-11-2013, 05:02 PM
Scribe

Sorry for the news, I agree with Anguille
Old 10-11-2013, 10:07 PM
Vagrant

Well, that was bad timing. Suddenly thought this evening "wonder whatever happened to Tilted Mill?", came to the site, read about Medieval Mayor and got excited, came to the forum to see this.

Good luck in the projects you do have going on, and I hope Medieval Mayor still has a chance!
Old 10-11-2013, 11:05 PM
Vagrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by acheron View Post
Well, that was bad timing. Suddenly thought this evening "wonder whatever happened to Tilted Mill?", came to the site, read about Medieval Mayor and got excited, came to the forum to see this.

Good luck in the projects you do have going on, and I hope Medieval Mayor still has a chance!
That's what happened to me, too. I guess more of a reason to get my own project done so I have something to do while waiting for this and Clockwork Empires.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:05 AM
Shopkeeper

Bugger :/, still 'other projects' sound good to.
Looking forward to when you can tell us more about them.

Good luck for the future though.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:31 AM
Scribe

Chris thanks for the update know how you hated to make that announcement. Will keep my fingers crossed for your other projects during this tough time.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:08 AM
Shopkeeper

Thanks for the update Chris, that must have been a difficult one to put together. Best of wishes for the other projects in the pipe and for MM to get activated again soon.

Hi mouse
Great seeing you.
How are things going?
Old 10-12-2013, 04:18 PM
Noble

Good to hear you're at least still working on something, but too bad about Medieval Mayor.

Looking forward to whatever things you might have lined up, nonetheless.
Old 10-13-2013, 03:42 AM
Overseer

Thanks for the update.

Pity about how things worked out. All the best for your future endeavours.
Old 10-13-2013, 03:58 AM
Scribe

Hi PCD all's well with me still sneaking and peeking as a good mouse should
Hope all is well with you too!
Old 10-13-2013, 04:36 AM
Vagrant

Are you kidding me??!!!!! NO kickstarter this thing and get it going again. You guys are the successors of the creators of the greatest city building games of all time. Screw Sim City I want my walkers and i want to build my monuments from scratch. Where the @$%^ are my angry dieties.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:29 AM
Scribe

@Yewst: You can't solve every problem by just throwing money at it. If they have other projects to complete, they can't just hire a bunch of more people and expect them to finish what they started. It would be not a good idea to start a kickstarter while not knowing how to be able to distribute the work yet.

I definitely would contribute to a crowdfunding, giving TM all the time and money the'll need to make something great again. But at first they need to be confident that they can do it. It's been a long time since they published a big game, their staff has shrunk drastically over the past years, we just can expect them to juggle so many balls at once and do it well.
Old 10-13-2013, 01:33 PM
Villager

Default Still rooting!

It's sad news indeed, but I'm staying optimistic. Medieval Mayor will happen. Good luck on your other projects!

I do have a little thing to say though... Kickstarter! Kickstarter! Kickstarter!

Old 10-13-2013, 06:42 PM
Commander

Default Yikes!

I'm pretty bummed to hear that like everyone else and still waiting for another good city builder.

Sure wish you could talk about whatever project you picked up that put the personal tasks on hold, I hope it turns out great!

ps. I would love to see a CB on Android. The free to play, pay to advance games seem to be doing pretty well these days, I just have not found one that is worth playing and growing.

Old 10-13-2013, 08:44 PM
Vagrant

It's a shame, a real shame. You guys had an excellent premise.

You guys actually seemed to have given the setting a great deal of love, since it's the first time I would hear developers present the Medieval era in such an optimistic light.
You would have given this era great justice, unlike the overly gritty world hollywood or misinformed devs try to pass as the Middle Ages.

I assume that your next project will be more humble in scope, since what seems to really be the problem is funding + time. But I will gladly support you, especially if it's still reminiscent of your style of games.

But keep up with the community effort. You would be surprised how much cult following even small studios can get. Chivalry medieval Warfare just sold around 1.5 million copies. Starting from an even smaller community (extremely dedicated) than you have, it gained huge momentum, big reviewers and gaming ''celebrities'' were petitioned to review this obscure game... all in 3 month (I was there).
Old 10-13-2013, 09:11 PM
Villager

No problem about the hiatus - hopefully things will work out in time. As others have mentioned there are various crowdfunds that would help out with the funding problem.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:14 AM
Vagrant

Bummer

Well at least we know now, Thanks.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:36 PM
Vagrant

Oh....
Thanks for the news....

Now I understand the meaning of "No news is good news" snif...

I'll totally support an eventual kickstarter...
Old 10-15-2013, 03:02 PM
Vagrant

Very sad news

Fingers crossed you'll be able to get back to MM.