Bubastis, what am I actually trying to achieve? -help- !

If you need any help, or want to discuss strategy, this is the place!
Min

Bubastis, what am I actually trying to achieve? -help- !

Postby Min » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:32 pm

Hi, I did a quick search for "bubastis" nothing really specific was there - I hope :o

Anyway, I should probably just say Hi quickly - I love Pharaoh, Cleopatra so it was a natural progression to get CoTN eventually. (Actually I hadnt even heard of it until I stumbled acorss a youtube trailer. I literally went :eek: and downloaded steam and bought it 5 minutes later :D )

Anyway I played through the tutorials (twice, because I tried playing the first campaign mission, the "easy" one, and screwed it royally :p ) and then started playing the first mission again, trying to get the 6 estates to the maximum level and the 60 prestige (I actually thought that the "educated men" limit was also the prestige - I thought it was going to take me weeks to get to '60' :rolleyes: )

So to the point... Im playing Bubastis now - and I have no idea what to do. Ive been playing for hours now, Im trading with everyting on the world map, I built Basts grand temple (and I built the cult temple version of it in the city aswell just in case).
The overview thing says I need enough wealth, supplied and prestige to make my coronation... so, how much is that exactly? :confused:

Here's my city:

Herodotus

Postby Herodotus » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:55 pm

Hi Min,

If you upload a save, someone might take a look at it.
Use the Manage Attachments button below the "reply to" window.

You can do this with screenshots too, (no need to host them and use Img tags), but size is limited to 1280 pixels wide so if you have a widescreen you need to reduce them in photoshop or similar

Min

Postby Min » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:02 pm

lol... *epic face plant*
Somehow I missed the "Abu" icon on the world map, or I did something just recently to make it appear... anyway:

:D

(I use photobucket cause it resizes it for me :p )

Now I feel like a total moron :rolleyes:
Last edited by Min on Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Herodotus

Postby Herodotus » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:11 pm

Great stuff, I was going to suggest Abu :D

Wait till you forget something that you used to know - Now that's really embarrassing ;)

Min

Postby Min » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:35 pm

hehehe.

This is kinda off topic now, but does the game progress at this speed throughout the great campaign? I mean, Im on the 3rd mission but Im already in the Middle Kingdom - whereas Pharaoh really drags the whole process out... or did they just want to skip ahead alittle to the middle kingdom so we could just get the interesting parts sooner?

Not that it matters, Im still playing Bubastis - I love the map and I wont stop playing until Ive got a metrolpolis :D Ill move on once Im satisfied my computer cant handle anything else being placed in the city :p

Jimaaten

Postby Jimaaten » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:42 pm

"Min" wrote:This is kinda off topic now, but does the game progress at this speed throughout the great campaign? I mean, Im on the 3rd mission but Im already in the Middle Kingdom - whereas Pharaoh really drags the whole process out... or did they just want to skip ahead alittle to the middle kingdom so we could just get the interesting parts sooner?
The campaign goes through the 5 major ages of Ancient Egyptian history -- Old Kingdom to New -- with a scenario needing to be completed in each one. In each age, there is an easy, medium & hard scenario. So, there are 15 scenarios in the campaign. There are also a few stand-alone scenarios. Then of course there are the many user-created scenarios in the forum here. There are a lot of scenarios to keep one busy for a long time. :)

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:07 pm

Nice city, Min!

"Herodotus" wrote:You can do this with screenshots too, (no need to host them and use Img tags), but size is limited to 1280 pixels wide so if you have a widescreen you need to reduce them in photoshop or similar

Forum handles my 1440 x 900 images with no problems. Not sure how it does it. Surprized me when it worked. ;)

Herodotus

Postby Herodotus » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:36 pm

Let's see...

Bet you haven't played this map Tink ;)

Original screen size 1680x 1050

Blimey it works!!! Must be a new thing cos it didn't work last time I tried it a few months ago. Will save a lot of time.

Sussed, it's an auto resize. If you click the thumbnail it says 1280 x 800 which is what I would have resized to manually.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Herodotus on Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Min

Postby Min » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:13 am

Nice screen :tmb:

I think I worked out what happened to allow me to ship to Abu -- I built a barge :p Seems so obvious now :rolleyes:
I updated my victory screen too, because I wanted to show off my pyramid complex :D (I just built my first medium too! But its a fair way off, it was hard to find anywhere where it would fit! :D )

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:42 am

"Herodotus" wrote:Let's see...

Bet you haven't played this map Tink ;)

LOL

Possibly! ;)

Return to “Game Help & Strategy”