Cedar

If you need any help, or want to discuss strategy, this is the place!
Skye

Cedar

Postby Skye » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:09 am

I can't seem to be able to locate Cedar. I have looked at different Scenarios, but can't find many. I have looked at Daughter of Kings and again there is no cedar available. Please help as I can't build ships, and I don't know what to do.

Kiya

Postby Kiya » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:14 am

Sometimes you have to open several trade routes until in 'the end of the chain' there is one city that sells you cedar. That is, if you just look at a scenario there is no one selling cedar, there usually isn't. Just keep working on your world map. :)
Hope this helps.

Herodotus

Postby Herodotus » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:15 am

Hi Skye,

Cedar is obtained by trading from a World Map site, usually Byblos in Lebanon, so send out envoys and explore the map until you locate it.
Usually this is a priority.

Herodotus

Postby Herodotus » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:15 am

Hiya Kiya, we cross posted

Skye

Postby Skye » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:54 am

So sometimes I have to keep trading until it shows up. I have never been lucky so far. Does every Scenario have Cedar in the WM? If there are battles to be fought, then they would have to I suppose.

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:11 pm

Noone can guarantee you that there's cedar on each scenario available, especially if you count in the user created. ;)
But you will *usually* stumble over a cedar site when you explore your world map completely in most scenarios.

A giveaway are requirements for cedar or chariots on other sites, though it isn't necessary to have charioteers in all battles (unless they are asked for as an opening condition).

When you open a site on WL, this site often reveals other sites not yet open but reachable, and when you open *them*, you will maybe find new sites again and so on. Sometimes, your world level starts out as one or two "explorers" you can send out and end to be heavily crowded places once you opened every site.

So just play a scenario you otherwise like, as you won't get a chance to see what it holds unless you play it (or peek into the editor, of course ;) )

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:24 pm

"Skye" wrote:I can't seem to be able to locate Cedar. I have looked at different Scenarios, but can't find many. I have looked at Daughter of Kings and again there is no cedar available. Please help as I can't build ships, and I don't know what to do.

Daughter of Kings? You mean Daughter of Isis? It has cedar also.

Almost every Scenariomaker provides you with cedar, just not early in your World Map travels. Every TM canned scenario provides cedar also.

Good Hunting!

Kiya

Postby Kiya » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:12 pm

"Skye" wrote:I can't seem to be able to locate Cedar. I have looked at different Scenarios, but can't find many. I have looked at Daughter of Kings and again there is no cedar available. Please help as I can't build ships, and I don't know what to do.

"Tinkerbell" wrote:Daughter of Kings? You mean Daughter of Isis? It has cedar also.

Daughter of Kings is one of the best user created scenarios, I loved it. It certainly has cedar, but as ones made by Azeem, this is a bit tricky (but wonderful!) scenario. If you need more help than you already have been given ask away. I hope you'll have fun and search the world map yourself but I can give you the all the route marks you 'll need. :)

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:05 pm

We have tons of great Scenariomakers in our UCS section, Skye. Most of them Tricky & very Evil. I'm not really sure you are ready for those yet, though.

Finish Son of Ra & hit the Campaign, Easy cities first, would be my suggestion.

Skye

Postby Skye » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:59 am

Thanks all, I thought you need Cedar to build ships, though I did also have the idea that barges were made from reeds or something, but when I placed a shipmaker he just sat doing nothing.

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:10 am

You need cedar (and a shipmaker) only for barges (to let limestone, granite and basalt cross a river), warships (to bring soldiers to a water route WL site) and yachts (for noble entertainment).

All other people build themselves reed boats every time they want to cross a river. They need no goods nor a shipyard for this.

You also need cedar for chariots, and your citizens buy some for making furniture. You sometimes can also use cedar for trading on the world map, as any other ware.

So unless you need one or more of the things I mentioned, which is usually later in the game after you built a functioning society, you don't need cedar. This is why it's often not available right away. By the time you have the ressources and the infrastructure to build monuments and engage warfare, you will have explored the WL some and eventually find cedar sources, as well as maybe quarries or sources for military material.

Skye

Postby Skye » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:54 am

Thanks I must say the game is very involved. I just showed my grandson my City, he reckons the palace is in the wrong place. Kids.

NobleSeth

Postby NobleSeth » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:54 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:We have tons of great Scenariomakers in our UCS section, Skye. Most of them Tricky & very Evil. I'm not really sure you are ready for those yet, though.

Finish Son of Ra & hit the Campaign, Easy cities first, would be my suggestion.

totally agree i had to come back to the original scenarios that came with the game before play again sakasiru's scenario realmofthegods :cool:

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:01 am

"NobleSeth" wrote:totally agree i had to come back to the original scenarios that came with the game before play again sakasiru's scenario realmofthegods :cool:

What was the problem? :( I admit you should have some experience in the game because there are some decisions to make where to place your buildings and some tricky ressouce management, but it shouldn't be hard, and (I hope) it's impossible to lose or make something wrong. You can always mail me if you do have problems. :o

NobleSeth

Postby NobleSeth » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:20 am

i have to admit your scenario is totally amazing! and sensational! i did not expect such good creation. and i hope there are more of them, but as i only had played the tutorial and the great campain, i started badly your escenario, i did take care about where the doors of housing where on empty spaces or roads, so to not start the same scenario twiece i took another one, but when finished Alexandria Scenario,and some others i should start it back again for sure :)

Return to “Game Help & Strategy”