Undedicated Temples

If you need any help, or want to discuss strategy, this is the place!
Asterix~

Undedicated Temples

Postby Asterix~ » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:05 am

I recently restarted playing this game. I always forget how much fun it is.

Anyway, I was wondering. Whats the point of an undedicated temple? People seem to go worship there anyway and you can't really tell who they're worshipping. Do temples remove the need for some of the more specialized shrines (i.e. Thoth), or do people seemingly worship there pointlessly?

Thanks.

Keith

Postby Keith » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:23 am

Undedicated temples don't have much, if any, influence on the religious needs of your people. Dedicated temples fill the religious demands of a greater portion of your population than shrines do.

However, I've never had a problem building a full set of just shrines only in most of the campaign cities that do not require a temple as one of the scenario goals.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:08 pm

Howdy, Asterix~!

Temples w/o a statue installed provide "some" satisfaction, but not total. After visiting, our people can have a "could not worship properly" Alert Icon on their homes. Better than nothing!

I will use an undedicated temple in remote camps along with 4 shrines to major gods so that my people won't walk back to the main religious sites in my main city as much.

Sometimes, a scenariomaker will turn off buildings for certain gods in the Editor & an undedicated temple is all we have to build, since they do not or cannot turn off the worship events for that god.

Sandra Linkletter

Postby Sandra Linkletter » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:46 am

"Asterix~" wrote:I recently restarted playing this game. I always forget how much fun it is.

Anyway, I was wondering. Whats the point of an undedicated temple? People seem to go worship there anyway and you can't really tell who they're worshipping. Do temples remove the need for some of the more specialized shrines (i.e. Thoth), or do people seemingly worship there pointlessly?

Thanks.

If you click on the people inside the temple, you can tell to whom they are praying. That is easier to do when the game is paused.

The one scenario in which I found an undedicated temple very useful was Shedet. Shedet has a basalt quarry which makes it easier than usual to build temples. Because of this I chose to center my city around a complete set of temples (13 temples and 1 cult temple) without any shrines. I kept one undedicated until they were all built so that the religious disatisfaction did not get too high. I chose Horus as the unlucky god to receive his temple last. Sobek's cult temple was providing shrines to all my nobles so they were not unhappy about the temporary lack of a temple for Horus. :)

Return to “Game Help & Strategy”