Raiders

If you need any help, or want to discuss strategy, this is the place!
Sol

Raiders

Postby Sol » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:44 pm

Sometimes raiders just turn up and leave, I'm not complaining but it just seems a little strange.

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:06 pm

Where do they do that, Sol? What scenario are you playing?

If it's a player campaign, it could be a bug.

Of course, if there's nothing for them to steal, they will just leave.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:50 pm

Raiders can be very fast, especially if we build next to the edge of the map. In, steal & poof ~ gone. They can be very hard to find until it is too late.

Sol

Postby Sol » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:49 pm

It's on the map Nubt sometimes they show up then leave, they don't do it all the time but nevertheless they do it.

floridafairy

How to find the raiders and also get the city guards to fight them?

Postby floridafairy » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:21 pm

I can never find the raiders - searching for them in a city is useless for me - can't ever find them. Seems there should be a way to track them with an indicator, but can't find a way thus far. Have researched this with the help info in the game to no avail.

Also, while playing this last time the raiders showed up and left and my city guard did nothing. As a matter of fact, they all went home and didn't come out again until after the raiders left!

At that time the commander home was still not filled yet, as it was early in the game when the raiders came. I know the watch posts have something to do with their behavior, but still. I have used the watch posts before in other scenerios with the same result of city guards not doing anything. ?? It is a puzzle to me. Help!

Amrine

Postby Amrine » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:46 pm

You will need a city guard commander who can activate the guard posts. They are fairly good about keeping them active unless you space the posts too far apart, too far away from the Commander's home, or have too many of them.

Keith

Postby Keith » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:01 pm

City guards should be equipped with basic weapons, so you should have a weapons maker making that type.

Guards will patrol an area around the nearby guard posts.

A city guard commander makes them more ready to fight.

Place a guard post near the entrances to your city or the likely approaches that raiders will take.

Build one barracks tent near each guard post and set it for city guards. I find this method the most effective way to use them, because the guards from each tent will patrol around that close by guard post.

In a large city you may want to also have guard posts and city guard barracks tents in the interior areas of your city near your town houses and palace.

If you make other weapons and armor, the guards may also equip themselves with those too and store some in the guard posts.

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:33 pm

You can also enclose your city in walls, placing guard posts next to the gates. This makes it exceptionally difficult for raiders to get into the city unscathed, assuming the guard post has a commander, guards are not protesting, and so on.

That said, soldiers sort of work together in a house like families do; one can get items for each, except for things like health care, weapons, religion. So usually if there is one guard that shows up from a couple of houses, that is all you need. You just need to slow the raiders down enough for reinforcements to arrive.

Flammehav

Postby Flammehav » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:32 am

"floridafairy" wrote:I can never find the raiders - searching for them in a city is useless for me - can't ever find them. Seems there should be a way to track them with an indicator, but can't find a way thus far. Have researched this with the help info in the game to no avail.

Finding them is not hard. Just drag a box around a BIG section on your city and look to see where there is a cluster of fleeing thought bubbles. That is where the raiders are. How you get the guards to fight them is another question.

I just played that exact map and I didn't have a problem with the guards not fighting them, even if I only had 3 guard posts in the rich areas and the raiders was down in the farmers area, wrecking havoc with people out gathering quartz, acacia and what not. Took forever to get enough soldiers to turn down the support camp tough, and the raiders seems to come VERY often, and since they showed up on the wrong side of the city I had more time with raiders in my city than not. Luckily that doesn't effect the city much except for the few people that was out gathering.

Thinking I might build a wall next time.

Just as a side question on a totally different subject. after finishing Nubt last night(2.30 am),I'm about to start the second medium difficulty on the campaign. What is the best starting position?

I see 3 possibilities. One on the small strip of floodplain on the side with the basalt and slowly build towards the big area, at least for my farmers. Or to cross the river and build either on the big patch there or close to the floodplain that creates an island in the flooded season. The last option seems the best, but then I have to import Cedar wood to build barges to get the statues over to my city and that seems a lot of hassle, not to mention it takes a lot of both time and money to get there and to import cedar. I need at least one big for my cult temple(I like to build them), and the small statues are nice for prestige.

Return to “Game Help & Strategy”