The case of the dissappearning students

If you need any help, or want to discuss strategy, this is the place!
mklangelo

The case of the dissappearning students

Postby mklangelo » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:42 pm

There will be two or three of them in school, then they're gone. What's up wit dat?

By the way, I have plenty of Papyrus ready.

Thanks in advance.

MK

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:49 pm

Well, if somewhere educates were needed, they probably graduated and took a job. ;)
Or do you mean what they do after school? Go home, normally.

Why don't you just follow one of them around for a while to find out? You can rename him to recognize him better in case he becomes an adult and moves into a new job.

mklangelo

Postby mklangelo » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:55 pm

It's more like three students = no grads. Maybe I had a string of drop-outs. lol

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:07 pm

It takes more than one day at school to turn a student into a graduate. When the Priest leaves school, the children go home too!

A school can hold a max of 2 Priests at the same time, each teaching a max of 3 students.

COTN has a normal daily work schedule. People tend to sleep at night & shops are closed during the hours of about 10 PM to to 6 AM.
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:38 pm

Yeah, it is like 2.5 or 3 days for a student to graduate, right? And they don't always go to school every day, because maybe they don't make it there first, or they do something else that day, like just stay home and study.

mklangelo

Postby mklangelo » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:49 pm

Welll, I think they should apply themselves a little more.

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:05 pm

Yeah, I agree. That's why that is always the first priest I put down, and I dedicate him to education, and never worry about it again.

In the beginning, it stinks, but later on, there will be a queue of educated workers just waiting for jobs.

I play on Hard difficulty, and so I only get 3 educated in the beginning. I use one for School Priest, one for Healthcare Priest, and one for Scribe to collect taxes.

I then worry about cranking out bricks and food, and upgrade the palace to get more educated workers. I then add Worship priest and another scribe or two.

Eventually I get a mortuary priest, a maximum of 3 or 4 worship priests, and 5 to 6 scribes.

The rest are overseers and commanders. Usually 3 or 4 overseers, depending on the goals, and 2 to 5 commanders, again depending on goals.

Something like that. I feel like I'm forgetting something, but I think I got it all.

Return to “Game Help & Strategy”