No students

If you need any help, or want to discuss strategy, this is the place!
mklangelo

No students

Postby mklangelo » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:22 am

68 Prestige and no students for years. I've had a Priest dedicated to Education since the start. Lots of papyrus on hand.

Any ideas?

I've tried to post a .ank file but it doesn't work. Same for a screen shot.

Any ideas on the students?

Thanks!

MK

prof786

Postby prof786 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:25 am

do you have townhouses and luxury shops in your city? if you do, then is the school placed close enough to those houses? most of your students will come from that section. they will also come from scribe, overseer, and commander houses.

also, you can upload your files and screenshots while you're making a post. look for the "Manage Attachments" button below.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:57 am

We need more information.

Did your Education priest actually spend time in school, or was all of his time spent walking for food, wares & papyrus?

What happened to your graduates? Your city upset?

What happend to your kids? No food & wares? Kids waaay too far from school?

Did your Nobles leave due to unhappiness?

No servants so lux shop kids could goto school?

TM has turned off all file uploads to the forum, so you will have to use an offsite upload & link to the forum. Snaphots won't help. We need a game save unless you can talk us through it.
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:05 am, edited 5 times in total.

mklangelo

Here we go again...

Postby mklangelo » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:25 pm

The upload always fails for me. I can't even post a screenie.

mklangelo

Postby mklangelo » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:32 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:We need more information.

Did your Education priest actually spend time in school, or was all of his time spent walking for food, wares & papyrus?

What happened to your graduates? Your city upset?

What happend to your kids? No food & wares? Kids waaay too far from school?

Did your Nobles leave due to unhappiness?

No servants so lux shop kids could goto school?

TM has turned off all file uploads to the forum, so you will have to use an offsite upload & link to the forum. Snaphots won't help. We need a game save unless you can talk us through it.

City is "quite content" with things. I think the kids are too far from school. The nobles are happy. They're choking on bread and lux items.

It's that Bubastis scenario. It starts up all screwed up. There's a 15th shrine out there somewhere that I haven't found yet.

Priest does spend a lot of time shopping for papyrus and other crap. Lots of papyrus in the city.

Thanks guys.
Last edited by mklangelo on Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Keith

Postby Keith » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:46 pm

"mklangelo" wrote:The upload always fails for me. I can't even post a screenie.

I think Jeff has uploads turned off due to the previous spamming we went through.

You can find many free download places such as mediafire on the net. Be careful what you choose because some sites are loaded with popup ads and some may attempt to send you even worse. Mediafire is not extremely objectionable and I have downloaded many files from there. But you should always remain wary.

Right now the best place for ad free file storage I can think of is at Microsoft's LIVE website. You have to create an account and then you store files you want share in the PUBLIC folder of your account.

https://login.live.com/login.srf?wa=wsignin1.0&rpsnv=11&ct=1300549150&rver=6.1.6206.0&wp=MBI&wreply=http:%2F%2Fskydrive.live.com%2Fhome.aspx&lc=1033&id=250206&cbcxt=sky

For picture storage, use a site like Flickr.com. They don't block crosslinking images like some sites. That means you can display images here by using the link to the image on your Flickr account. I used Flickr myself for background images I used on my defunct Veoh website.

http://www.flickr.com/

This image stored on Flickr.
Last edited by Keith on Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:16 pm

"mklangelo" wrote:City is "quite content" with things. I think the kids are too far from school. The nobles are happy. They're choking on bread and lux items.

It's that Bubastis scenario. It starts up all screwed up. There's a 15th shrine out there somewhere that I haven't found yet.

Priest does spend a lot of time shopping for papyrus and other crap. Lots of papyrus in the city.

Ah, Bubastis, with all the islands. Thank You for the additional info!

OK, first of all, Priests refuse to cross the river to goto work (shop yes, work no), so your Education Priest has to be on the same island as your school. Papyrus next door to school.

Also your school needs to be near both nobles & lux shops (those are the kids who attend school), so your school should always be in your noble section.

If you are in graduate crisis, then set TWO Priests to teach for a few years. A school can hold 2 priests, each teaching 3 kids for a total of 6 students.

Hope this helps! :)
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mklangelo

Postby mklangelo » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:43 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:Ah, Bubastis, with all the islands. Thank You for the additional info!

OK, first of all, Priests refuse to cross the river to goto work (shop yes, work no), so your Education Priest has to be on the same island as your school. Papyrus next door to school.

Also your school needs to be near both nobles & lux shops (those are the kids who attend school), so your school should always be in your noble section.

If you are in graduate crisis, then set TWO Priests to teach for a few years. A school can hold 2 priests, each teaching 3 kids for a total of 6 students.

Hope this helps! :)

The school and the priest are near the nobles and the lux shops. I'd say like in the general neighborhood. I'll get a file uploaded.

And thanks, Keith, I'll check out those two sites you mentioned.

MK

mklangelo

Bubastis

Postby mklangelo » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:53 pm

I'm not a very aesthetic builder. All I care about is if it works. :eek:

"Upload failed due to failure writing temporary file" Anyone know what that's about?

This is the Windows Live link

http://cid-9b05c5cae77f99d5.office.live.com/self.aspx/.Documents/Prestige%206.ank

mklangelo

Postby mklangelo » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:08 pm

Moving the school across the river worked. Much larger student pool there.

Thanks for the suggestions.

MK

Keith

Postby Keith » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:21 pm

"mklangelo" wrote:I'm not a very aesthetic builder. All I care about is if it works. :eek:

"Upload failed due to failure writing temporary file" Anyone know what that's about?

This is the Windows Live link

http://cid-9b05c5cae77f99d5.office.live.com/self.aspx/.Documents/Prestige%206.ank

When did you get that failure message?

mklangelo

Postby mklangelo » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:44 pm

"Keith" wrote:When did you get that failure message?

Right after waiting for the "Upload complete" message in the "manage attachments" window which never came. :D

Keith

Postby Keith » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:53 pm

Ok, yeah, the manage attachment function is pretty much disabled right now due to the recent spam attacks.

All you can do at the present is use links to off-forum sites like Flickr, MS Live Space, Mediafire, or Dropbox, etc.

Return to “Game Help & Strategy”