Camaign sequence

If you need any help, or want to discuss strategy, this is the place!
mklangelo
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:34 pm

Camaign sequence

Postby mklangelo » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:12 pm

I completed the first tier, then went on to do the Second Tier with Bubastis in it. I completed Bubastis and now I'm presented with the third tier with no chance to do the other two cities in that second tier.

Is there any way to access them without redoing Bubastis?


Thanks in advance.

MK

User avatar
evilbill-agqx
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:20 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Postby evilbill-agqx » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:20 pm

You can play any of the campaign scenarios independent of the campaign by picking 'Play a Scenario' from the Play menu.

You'll see the ones from each tier. They should play exactly the same as the campaign versions.
"When Tal Rasha chose to embody the spirit of Baal, he knew his doom was to wrestle eternally against the will of the greater Evil. Look around you and ask yourself, Has the battle been won or lost?"
- Lysander

mklangelo
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:34 pm

Postby mklangelo » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:53 pm

Thanks and have a good one!

User avatar
evilbill-agqx
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:20 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Postby evilbill-agqx » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:49 pm

"mklangelo" wrote:Thanks and have a good one!


You too! :)
"When Tal Rasha chose to embody the spirit of Baal, he knew his doom was to wrestle eternally against the will of the greater Evil. Look around you and ask yourself, Has the battle been won or lost?"
- Lysander

Keith
Posts: 9979
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 4:00 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Postby Keith » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:19 pm

One way you can play the other cities during a campaign is to make a save of your city before you leave it. When you get the victory message click the continue playing button and make a save.

Then bring up the menu again and click the button to proceed to the next level. Make a save of the city you choose there on the new next level. Then reload the save of the city you just completed and this time choose a different city on the next level. Make a save of that city on the next level, then reload your previous city one more time. Load the menu again and choose to move to the next level and choose the third city this time and make a save of it.

This works for all but the first city of the campaign since you don't have a city save file to reload. In that case you can just choose to restart the campain three times and choose each of the cities on the first level making a save file for each one, then start your campaign play using the save files you made.

It sounds convoluted but it's not that hard to do. I use these methods myself so I can go back to any city on any level of the campaign whenever I choose.

Tinkerbell
Posts: 5415
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:42 am
Location: San Diego, California
Contact:

Postby Tinkerbell » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:21 am

"mklangelo" wrote:I completed the first tier, then went on to do the Second Tier with Bubastis in it. I completed Bubastis and now I'm presented with the third tier with no chance to do the other two cities in that second tier.

Is there any way to access them without redoing Bubastis?


Yes, you should have campaign autosaves, not just regular autosaves.

GrandCampaign_1, 2, 3 etc.

Each one returns you to the World Map for each tier & you can pick a different city from the three possible.

Doing it this way keeps you in campaign mode (for the completed gold city icons on the ingame World Map).

Using the alternate cities in your "Play a scenario" option is NOT in campaign mode.

What we actually do is to play the campaign through 3 separate times. First do all the easy 5 cities, then restart the campaign & do the moderate 5 cities, lastly the 5 hard cities. Each tier has one of each easy, moderate & hard. The tiers themselves cover different time periods in Egyptian history.

Campaign Road Map
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:33 am, edited 8 times in total.

mklangelo
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:34 pm

Postby mklangelo » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:02 am

"Tinkerbell" wrote:Yes, you should have campaign autosaves, not just regular autosaves.

GrandCampaign_1, 2, 3 etc.

Each one returns you to the World Map for each tier & you can pick a different city from the three possible.

Doing it this way keeps you in campaign mode (for the completed gold city icons on the ingame World Map).

Using the alternate cities in your "Play a scenario" option is NOT in campaign mode.

What we actually do is to play the campaign through 3 separate times. First do all the easy 5 cities, then restart the campaign & do the moderate 5 cities, lastly the 5 hard cities. Each tier has one of each easy, moderate & hard. The tiers themselves cover different time periods in Egyptian history.

Campaign Road Map


The only campaign autosaves I have skip the other two cities on the second tier.

Tinkerbell
Posts: 5415
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:42 am
Location: San Diego, California
Contact:

Postby Tinkerbell » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:42 pm

Campaign autosaves always load to the World Map tiers where you pick the city. Always three cities there.

For tier 2, you want GrandCampaign_1

If you have deleted it, then reload a win save from any tier 1 city, hit Scenario Info button to get new win screen & the game will create a new tier 2 campaign autosave.

mklangelo
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:34 pm

Postby mklangelo » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:15 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:Campaign autosaves always load to the World Map tiers where you pick the city. Always three cities there.

For tier 2, you want GrandCampaign_1

If you have deleted it, then reload a win save from any tier 1 city, hit Scenario Info button to get new win screen & the game will create a new tier 2 campaign autosave.


Yeah. It's a little screwy but I have it!

Thanks yet again guys! I'm sure you've answered that one a few times. ;)


MK


Return to “Game Help & Strategy”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests