Pi-Remesse question

If you need any help, or want to discuss strategy, this is the place!
mklangelo

Pi-Remesse question

Postby mklangelo » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:24 pm

I'm just wondering what approach others have taken on this one.

The first thing needed is security but the Commander will use up my only grad leaving me no way to educate another grad for a Priest to educate more grads... :D

But without any city guard, the nobles will leave since the raiders come very quickly in this scenario. Kind of a catch 22 there.

Any suggestions?

Keith

Postby Keith » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:45 pm

You need a city guard commander and guard barracks and guard posts. The guards will require "basic weapons" to be effective, but having armor may also help.

The barracks recruits three guards which will then go get weapons. The city guard commander make sure that the guards do their duty. The guards will patrol an area around the guard post once they have weapons.
Place guard posts near entrance areas of your city and near your palace and elite housing to slow down the invader and catch them before they do any damage.

Soldiers will also respond to an attack. They will need a commander a training ground, barracks, and weapons and armor.

Commanders get their entertainment from the noble townhouses when they throw feasts. The nobles will need most of their requirements met and their homes must be highly evovled before they will throw feasts.

Of course you need to meet the commander and guard food, health and religious requirements too.

That's pretty much the basics.

If you search back through some old old threads here there are probably screenshots of that city posted on the board for you to examine. Use the board SEARCH functions to find them.

mklangelo

Pi-Ramesse

Postby mklangelo » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:49 pm

Thanks for the reply but I'm talking about the very beginning of the city, not how the whole commander, feast, soldier, city gaurd thing works.

I have one grad at the outset. I think he needs to be a city commander or I lose my nobles.

But in creating a commander/soldiers and guard post, I have no bricks and no grads .

The raiders come VERY early in this city.

Herodotus

Postby Herodotus » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:39 pm

"mklangelo" wrote:...
The first thing needed is security but the Commander will use up my only grad leaving me no way to educate another grad for a Priest to educate more grads... :D

You said it yourself...

...Unless you make Grad #1 an education priest you never get another. Therefore make him an education priest.

Then make grad#2 (when he comes) a guard commander if you want to

Keith

Postby Keith » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:47 pm

You need that first grad to be a priest for the school....always.

Getting more grads quickly is important when starting out. Without a functioning school new grads will come very slowly.

You may just have to let the first few raids go unchallenged. Chances are your guards will be unarmed and useless at this point even if they have a commander. It takes a little time to make basic weapons.

You should concentrate on grain production and making bricks in the new city. Start out with as many as 10-12 brickmakers and a couple of bricklayers. Then build as quickly as you can. Keep moving the brickyard near the new construction site to shorten the trip for more bricks. Build the new brickyard first before deleting the old one, so the bricks transfer.

You can try for a commander with the second grad. You can have basic weapons makers built an working before this point. You need the bricks to make things happen more quickly.

Return to “Game Help & Strategy”