How do Townhouse works?

If you need any help, or want to discuss strategy, this is the place!
tetr4ch

How do Townhouse works?

Postby tetr4ch » Wed May 14, 2014 3:02 pm

How many farmers and servants home should I build per Townhouse?
And also how do I build statue for my temple?
I already built 4 stone carvers, laborers
Last edited by tetr4ch on Wed May 14, 2014 4:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Keith

Postby Keith » Wed May 14, 2014 9:09 pm

One thing about these games is that you can play as a "bean counter", where you calculate x number of something for every y of something else you may have. Or, you can pretty much free play it and do just as well. I don't like to "bean count".

When I play, most of my cities will have abut 4-6 nobles in them, until some later missions that might require more townhouses as part of the scenario goals. I typically place about 4-6 servant huts in my average city. In cities with more nobles I'll extend that up to 10-12 depending on the number of extra nobles required by the scenario.

It doesn't take that many servants to do the job in most cities.

tetr4ch

Postby tetr4ch » Wed May 14, 2014 11:04 pm

Thanks for your help
Last edited by tetr4ch on Wed May 14, 2014 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keith

Postby Keith » Wed May 14, 2014 11:25 pm

Stone carvers don't work at the quarry. They only carve statues and finish off the outside of the pyramid once all the blocks are in place.

Check to make sure you have a minimum of 4 laborers. 4 are needed to haul blocks out of the quarry once they are cut. Build laborer huts in fours. You will need fine limestone and limestone to build pyramids. If you only have one type, you'll have to import the other.

Check your overseer setting to make sure he is set for quarrying the correct type of limestone that you have or is set for the "nearest site."

Check your laborer and overseer homes to see if they are unhappy. If they have a lot of red showing they may be less willing to work.

Is there enough grain to feed your people? Laborers are government employees and draw food from a bakery.

As for the number of farmers you need, in response to your first question, is that with each brand new townhouse you can place six farms. As the townhouse evolves to higher type you can increase the number of farms.

The total number of farms all your townhouses can control at any point is displayed in the upper right corner of the labor menu (top button) on the menus at the bottom of the screen. This number will change as your townhouses improve or get worse.

If you don't have a COTN manual in your game install folder, you can download the COTN_manual.pdf file from my cloud account. It might answer a lot of questions you have if you read through it.
Last edited by Keith on Wed May 14, 2014 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Thu May 15, 2014 8:58 am

Keith is right, of course, but I like to bean-count because I like my cities to be very precisely planned.

When a townhouse starts it can support 4 farmhouses. At maximum development it can support 8. Therefore when I place nobles, I always place 8 farmhouse plots per townhouse. Half those lots will start out empty, but as the city grows villagers will move in and I don't have to remember to place new lots and find a place to put them.

The palace can support 6 to 10 farmhouses, so I always place 10 at the beginning for that.

So I normally start a city with the palace and at least 6 nobles, so I will build 58 (8 X 6 plus 10) farmhouses.

Return to “Game Help & Strategy”