A few questions

If you need any help, or want to discuss strategy, this is the place!
Egyptian Fanatic

A few questions

Postby Egyptian Fanatic » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:56 am

Hi all, me again :cool: , I have a few questions today. First of all, how many people does an Apothecary or Shrine accommodate? Second, is it more efficient to have the Labourers in your main city, or in a labour camp? Last of all, are Mastabas absolutely necessary for Nobles , or can you do without? Thanks in advance :)

Keith

Postby Keith » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:36 pm

Someone will have the number, but I don't play the game that way. I normally only build one apothecary. However, in cities where the creation of an army is needed I may add a second one somewhere near the location where the soldiers are living.

Instead of "counting beans" or the number of people serviced, I just keep an eye on the satisfaction icons in each household's information panel. If the panel shows a red icon for health I'll click on the icon to see what the complaint is. If the icon remains red and the same reason for that complaint remains unable to access health, I may build a second apothecary, etc.

Or, it might be that the apothecary is not being visited frequently enough by a priest to keep it functioning for citizens to get the service they seek. In that case I will add a new priest, if I can, and have him assigned to healthcare.

The same holds true for shrines. Rather than having multiple sets of shrines, I'll have one in a advantageous location so the people can reach them easily, and try to have multiple priests "tend the gods". Usually no less than two priests are assigned by me, but more often three priests will be enough to keep the shrines functioning much longer each day so that people can always get the service they want at any particular shrine.

I usually build one full set of 14 shrines in all of my cities. I only build temples if it is required by the scenario goals. I manage to do quite well with all my cities following this plan.

That just how I play the game. Someone will have the numbers you seek.

Return to “Game Help & Strategy”