Scribes

If you need any help, or want to discuss strategy, this is the place!
Egyptian Fanatic

Scribes

Postby Egyptian Fanatic » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:07 am

Hi all, sorry I've been absent, I had to go into hospital for 2 weeks. Anyways, I'm back with yet another question: Do you need to put your Scribes right next to the Farmers, or can they be placed further away from the floodplain? As always, any replies would be great :)

Herodotus

Postby Herodotus » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:39 am

I hope all is well now.

I make sure they have easy access to shops, temples shrines and papyrus etc. If you can do that and not have them too far away from the floodplain then that should be OK. it's a compromise, just like RL.
The farms stretch out for some distance on the floodplain anyway so scribes have to walk about quite a bit.

Keith

Postby Keith » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:02 pm

You can put scribes, priests, overseers, and commanders anywhere in your city, just keep in mind that the further they have to walk to get to their jobs the less time they have to spend on the work site before the day ends and they go home.

Also, if they spending all their time walking to and from work, they will have less time to shop, get medical care, or visit a shrine or temple.

skapie

Re: Scribes

Postby skapie » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:20 pm

Put your brickmakers and papyrus makers on the first row, after this the farmers, and if you have the scribes on asses taxes (right clicking on em, if you didnt know) I would put them in the third row after the famers, if you use em for exchange/merchant center you put them close to medical/worships and the shops

Tinkerbell

Re: Scribes

Postby Tinkerbell » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:23 pm

Scribes are VERY picky animals.

First of all, COTN is FOOD, Bricks & Prestige. ALWAYS be at MAX FARMS with a bunch of extra unpopulated farmers placed for growth when you are not looking. Do not use the "I'll place more farmers when I need them" philosophy. Always have extra.

1. In the farmer section, put a 2nd set of lux shops so Scribes won't have to walk to the noble section. Delete 6 farmers if necessary, right in the middle front lines. This 2nd set of lux shops is also helpful for World Map merchants.

2. EVERY Scribe needs a private Bakery, right next door. Also a Papyrus Maker nearby.

These steps prepare the city for the next step. These two steps should be complete BEFORE you place your very first Scribe. The very first thing your Scribe will do is go first for food, then shopping. If not available, they will start out mad as hell & take a few years to recover.

3. Put your Scribes set to Access Taxes on the front line with your farmers, as close to the fields as possible. Start with a Scribe on one end of the flood plain (but still in your city), then your next Scribe will be on the opposite end. If you put a 3rd (usually not needed), it will go in the middle.

Your Scribe troubles are now over.

Return to “Game Help & Strategy”