Problem Completing Pyramid in Tutorial 3

If you need any help, or want to discuss strategy, this is the place!
Ghostmonkey

Problem Completing Pyramid in Tutorial 3

Postby Ghostmonkey » Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:28 am

I was playing tutorial three and I had almost completed my pyramid when my laborers decided to ignore the fact that one more block of fine limestone needed to be placed. Instead, my laborers decided to haul out all of the blocks of limestone remaining in the quarry and to haul all of the imported blocks of fine limestone into the storage area. I tried setting both of my overseers to oversee construction, but that didn't help.

Anyone know why this happened?

By the way, I didn't save the tutorial after I quite, but I could probably conjure up the auto save if it's necessary.

angelisis

Postby angelisis » Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:53 am

Just keep the overseer's at "oversee constuction" and keep an eye on them when they finish fluffing around they will finish the pyramid.

JuliaSet

Postby JuliaSet » Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:50 am

I don't set them to quarry duties for very long, and keep everything cleaned up. Most of my overseers are set on overseeing construction for most of the time. When all the stones are pulled out.. set an overseer for a short time to quarry. That should give you enough stones for building quite a long time.

It seems the labour remembers the orders for a while.

Ghostmonkey

Postby Ghostmonkey » Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:40 pm

I let one overseer do nothing, and one was overseeing construction, but the laboreres still just kept hauling the blocks of limeston out of the quarry even though there were at least 30 already stockpiled.

Keith

Postby Keith » Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:48 pm

Ghostmonkey wrote:I let one overseer do nothing, and one was overseeing construction, but the laboreres still just kept hauling the blocks of limeston out of the quarry even though there were at least 30 already stockpiled.
If you have the cargo drop off area near the ramp or very close the pyramid's side you may want to delete it and move it a little further away. You'll lose what you have in the CDA you have so be sure you want to do this.

Move the CDA away from the ramp further up by the corner of the pyramid and a few tiles further out than it's present location.

OR

If you see villager huts or vagrant mats appearing in the area near the ramp, carefully delete these. They may want to rebuild in the same area, but just keep "popping" the huts and mats as they appear until they all move out of that area.

Before you do this, make a manual save of your game so you can go back if you find it doesn't help.

Keith Heitmann a.k.a Nuthin-in-khamun
Listen to the music of the CityBuilders while online:
Caesar III Music Player•Pharaoh Music Jukebox•Zeus Music Jukebox•Emperor's Music Box•Children of the Nile Musicbox•
Children of the Nile & Quiz•Visit PlanetNile

Ghostmonkey

Postby Ghostmonkey » Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:53 pm

Keith wrote:If you have the cargo drop off area near the ramp or very close the pyramid's side you may want to delete it and move it a little further away. You'll lose what you have in the CDA you have so be sure you want to do this.

Move the CDA away from the ramp further up by the corner of the pyramid and a few tiles further out than it's present location.

OR

If you see villager huts or vagrant mats appearing in the area near the ramp, carefully delete these. They may want to rebuild in the same area, but just keep "popping" the huts and mats as they appear until they all move out of that area.

Before you do this, make a manual save of your game so you can go back if you find it doesn't help.

Keith Heitmann a.k.a Nuthin-in-khamun
Listen to the music of the CityBuilders while online:
Caesar III Music Player•Pharaoh Music Jukebox•Zeus Music Jukebox•Emperor's Music Box•Children of the Nile Musicbox•
Children of the Nile & Quiz•Visit PlanetNile

Alright, I'll try this when I get back home. Thanks for the help.

EDIT: I checked for vagrant mats and villager huts, there were none. Then I proceeded to delete the drop-off point and put it a little farther away and waited. Same thing as before happened.
I'm thinking that hauling stuff out of the quarry must have had a higher priority.
Last edited by Ghostmonkey on Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Game Help & Strategy”