Bakery Question........

If you need any help, or want to discuss strategy, this is the place!
Isis_67401

Bakery Question........

Postby Isis_67401 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:28 pm

I have 4 bakeries(2 for town, 1 each for labor and army camp) and 2 graneries which are full after harvest yet the bakeries are only baking a few goods. (example 10/468) Is there anyway to get them to make more? :( My people are constantly complaining about not getting enough bread. :mad:

Keith

Postby Keith » Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:38 pm

Isis_67401 wrote:I have 4 bakeries(2 for town, 1 each for labor and army camp) and 2 graneries which are full after harvest yet the bakeries are only baking a few goods. (example 10/468) Is there anyway to get them to make more? :( My people are constantly complaining about not getting enough bread. :mad:

Sounds like you may need another bakery to pick up the load. If you have plenty off food instorage from the harvest and your bakery is always nearly empty, the food may be getting picked up by the workers more quickly than he can make it.

Actually, if each worker picked up 10 each time he visited the bakery that wouldn't be too bad, but chances are the next guy in line is getting either 0 or only 1 or 2.

Storing more food in granaries will help your bakeries stay active longer and in times when there is a poor flood.

How much food do you harvest? How much food do your government workers eat? This is one the lowest of the three resource menus. If you have a big harvest and consumption is low, it looks like you aren't storing enough of "your share" (as Pharaoh) of the harvest.

Add one more bakery nearby and see what happens (provided you have plenty of food harvested.) If you don't harvest more than your people eat you probably need more farms, which depends on the number and status level of your nobles. Four fully developed luxury townhouses should let your nobles oversee at least 40 farms.

Of course, you need scribes assessing taxes and counting farm fields, so get at least a pair of them or more out there doing their jobs.

Isis_67401

Postby Isis_67401 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:45 pm

I always have more food then needed. I have 2-3 scribes working on taxing unless one leaves or retires. I have over 100 farms. I will try the extra bakery and see if that helps. I also have a granery by my army camp which is on an island but it is usually empty. Should I relocate it or just get rid of it completely?

Keith

Postby Keith » Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:57 pm

Isis_67401 wrote:I always have more food then needed. I have 2-3 scribes working on taxing unless one leaves or retires. I have over 100 farms. I will try the extra bakery and see if that helps. I also have a granery by my army camp which is on an island but it is usually empty. Should I relocate it or just get rid of it completely?

The location of the granary is not important. That you have a granary is important. The food is automatically distributed (through thin air) from the Palace (Pharaoh) to the bakeries.

You generally don't get much showing in the granaries unless you manage to save large amounts of the harvest each year....such as +1000 or more from the previous harvest that goes unconsumed.

vic_4

Postby vic_4 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:51 pm

When a bakery has no bread made but enough food food, I usually add a new bakery close to it and wait them to stabilize. Sometimes one continues to have little bread made because is closer to government workers, but if the second usually stores over 90 bread it is usaually ok. If both are very low of bread I add a third bakery. I try to always have some food in granaries so food is distributed every season to bakeries. if my granaries are empty I add more nobles/farms and scribes.

Karter

Postby Karter » Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:48 pm

Strange as it may seem...

First, I have never had need for more than one granery, but I have only had up to 75 farms.

And I usually try to place my bakeries next to shop owners, just like in real life where you have shopping malls. It appears to me, that bakeries located closer to them produce at a greater pace, I dont know if passerbys trigger them into higher production or not. It just seems, if I have a bakery in a remote area, they dont bake as fast or as much.

Plus, villagers dont have to run to distant places, to acquire all of their goods.

Has anyone else noticed this???

But, also I try to avoid distant labor camps, even though the manual suggests otherwise. I try to arrange my city so overseers and labours are not to far from common needs. They may have to walk further to work but it seems to me if they have their basic needs met, they spend more time at work.

Raccoon_TOF

Postby Raccoon_TOF » Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:57 am

Karter wrote:And I usually try to place my bakeries next to shop owners, just like in real life where you have shopping malls. It appears to me, that bakeries located closer to them produce at a greater pace, I dont know if passerbys trigger them into higher production or not. It just seems, if I have a bakery in a remote area, they dont bake as fast or as much.

Plus, villagers dont have to run to distant places, to acquire all of their goods.

Has anyone else noticed this???

The reason they appear to bake faster is answered in your reasoning for the laborers...if they don't have to walk as far for goods, they spend more time baking. The actual rate of baking while working isn't any higher, but they are spending more time actually baking, thus more bread prepared in the same period of time.

vic_4

Postby vic_4 » Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:19 pm

Quote:
First, I have never had need for more than one granery, but I have only had up to 75 farms.

If you have not have quite a few bakeries I would expect you to lose same of taxation. With more granaries, you are able to store all taxes collected.

Return to “Game Help & Strategy”