Strange Vista Problem

For any technical or performance issues
LadyByron

Strange Vista Problem

Postby LadyByron » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:41 pm

Hope, anybody can help me out. My old XP-comp crashed and I bought a new laptop with Vista installed. As I had all my CotN files on an external drive I just imported it all. And no problem - CotN runs (even better) but I just noticed that a couple of user created scenaries don't. :mad:
But some do.. e.g. Distant Goddess runs fine, Tiltedville also, but The Keep - no way. Same with SWI and Heliopolis. CotN just shuts down and you're back looking at your new desktop design. :(
I haven't checked all scenarios yet (as you all know there are quite a few) but that's a real pain in the *** as most of the new user created scenarios are brilliant. And there is no difference whether I downloaded it before the crash (that would be The Keep and Tiltedville) or on the new system (SWI).
Any ideas? Suggestions?? HELP???
Thanks a lot in advance.

Do I have to reinstall maybe? Because I just checked out that the Great Campaign won't start either...
Last edited by LadyByron on Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyByron

Postby LadyByron » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:12 pm

Got it sorted. Forgot about the compatability mode. Long time since I used that one... :rolleyes:

Oktay09

Postby Oktay09 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:34 pm

how did you fix it? mine loads but when i go to campaign or a game mode it shuts the whole game ??

helpo plzz :(

Skye

Postby Skye » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:44 pm

Mine did that until I installed the latest patch. Now everything if fine, though there are a couple of user created Scenarios that don't work. I am new to this game, so I could be wrong.

Phil Walker

Notations

Postby Phil Walker » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:55 pm

Too many variables. With any problems we need more precise details before we can help as well as a copy of the DxDiag of each user with a problem. Do know the following though.

1. The hard copies of the game due require patching before they will work.
2. If using Vista rather than earlier OS versions, it is far from bug-free and is greatly flawed (and truly never should have been released).
3. If patching to the Enhanced version (which is now all that any can patch to if they don't have the earlier patches already), a DX9.0c of no earlier than June 2008 must be installed no matter which OS is being used.

That said, we ask that you all provide what is needed so we who know what to do can assist, thanks.

Sincerely,
Phil

Return to “Technical Support”