Crash in "The Hyksos Pharaoh" scenario

For any technical or performance issues
Peace Phoenix

Crash in "The Hyksos Pharaoh" scenario

Postby Peace Phoenix » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:09 pm

Hello,

I am experiencing a crash in the scenario "The Hyksos Pharaoh". I have bought CotN through Impulse.
I send my army to attack Qadesh and I get a crash before getting the outcome.

I have attached the savegame and would like to know if other people are experiencing the same crash with my savegame: sending army to Qadesh and having a game crash before getting the outcome.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Keith

Postby Keith » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:29 pm

Your save crashed on me too. So you may have to try from a previous save or restart the city from scratch.

Peace Phoenix

Postby Peace Phoenix » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:51 pm

I am wondering is the problem lies only in the savegame or if there is something wrong with the scenario.

Keith

Postby Keith » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:51 pm

One way to find out is to restart the scenario from a previous save or from scratch.

Sandra Linkletter

Postby Sandra Linkletter » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:39 pm

I played that scenario and it worked okay for me.

The save posted above does crash for me though, as soon as the troops have all left the map.

Keith

Postby Keith » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:54 pm

"Sandra Linkletter" wrote:I played that scenario and it worked okay for me.

The save posted above does crash for me though, as soon as the troops have all left the map.

Yeah, same here.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:33 pm

Howdy, Peace Phoenix!

I just looked at your save & won your battle w/o a crash. I believe it is another example of soldier's huts too close to the edge of the map.

I'm not sure when this problem was introduced, whether with Enhanced 1.3, or was it always there.

Please see this post when I discovered it --> just for Tinkerbell.

What I did to your save, is delete the five spearmen huts near the edge of the map. Three singles & a group of two. I rebuilt them away from the edge of the map & then attacked.

I hope this helps! :)

PS: Could you please tell me whether or not you have the Alexandria expansion? I am surprized that the save worked for me, since I have not expanded yet. This knowledge would be most helpful. Thankx in advance.

Peace Phoenix

Postby Peace Phoenix » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:32 am

"Tinkerbell" wrote:PS: Could you please tell me whether or not you have the Alexandria expansion? I am surprized that the save worked for me, since I have not expanded yet. This knowledge would be most helpful. Thankx in advance.

I have played this scenario with the CotN:EE downloaded with Impulse. I didn't have installed Alexandria when playing this scenario.

Peace Phoenix

Postby Peace Phoenix » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:35 am

"Tinkerbell" wrote:I believe it is another example of soldier's huts too close to the edge of the map.

Looks like it needs to be in a FAQ ;)
Now I will be able to win this scenario after finishing the world map. Thanks.
Last edited by Peace Phoenix on Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Technical Support”