wont install anymore!!

For any technical or performance issues
Johnny_strange

wont install anymore!!

Postby Johnny_strange » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:27 am

hello, i bought children of the nile on CD about a year & a half ago.. i installed it and it worked great, but then to get some much needed HD space, i uninstalled it, but now when i try to install it again it gives me a error message saying "Nubt.mp3 verify that the file exists and that you can access it" the CD's themselves are absolutely flawless, no scratches what so ever.. but every time i install it it gets to 98-99% done and then stalls and then that error message pops up, i dont know what to do?

Phil Walker

More Needed

Postby Phil Walker » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:46 am

This sounds like either a corrupted registry or something I don't want to think about from what you've provided. Please provide your DxDiag file so we can confirm and possibly assist as without it there is little we can do.

Sincerely,
Phil

Keith

Postby Keith » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:51 pm

Clean out your temp folder. The installer uses Windows temp folder to copy files from the CD into for the purposes of the install. If that folder is cluttered or full it can cause problems with the install. You can clean it out with windows Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Cleanup utility. Make sure the box next to TEMP is checkmarked before proceeding. If you still have a problem, try the other steps below.

Have you checked your CD for damage or dirt or fingerprints? Sounds to me like the drive is having a hard time reading the information from the CD during the install at that point.

Use a soft cloth and wipe outward towards the edge from the center hub. Never wipe around the CD in a circular pattern. Try the CD again.

If the install still has a problem it could be that your drive is starting to show a problem with its driver or it may be developing a problem. You may notice problems with other CDs you put in it. It happens as hardware ages and sometimes it can be fixed with a reinstall of their driver software or it may take a replacement of the CD drive itself.

Another thing you can try is to do a hard drive install of the game. Make a new folder on your hard drive. Then you want copy all the files and folders from the CD into the new folder. Run the Setup.exe file from the new folder and see if the install proceeds to the end. You can delete this new folder and all the files aftwards whether the install works or not.

Return to “Technical Support”