Game crashing after opening movie

For any technical or performance issues
JB Parkland

Game crashing after opening movie

Postby JB Parkland » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:14 pm

Hello, I've come back to city-building after several years' break and got the Sold Out Software version of COTN (not enhanced edition). Install seems to work fine, but was hanging on the loading screen, with the error "the procedure entry point_MSSDisableThreadLibraryCalls@4 could not be located in the dynamic link library MSS32.dll" hiding behind it.

I fixed this by installing the UK v1.3 patch and can now get to the opening movie. However, after the movie I get the "Children of the Nile has encountered an error and had to be closed. AppName: cotn.exe, AppVer: 1.3.0.1, ModName: cotn.exe, ModVer1.3.0.1, Offset: 0040ee97".

After lots of removals and reinstalls, I've installed Direct X 9.0c from the full SDK from the Microsoft website, and have tried deleting the movie file, but still have the same problem. My machine is a new netbook with enough spec and according to Intel I have the latest graphics drivers. My dxdiag is attached. Could anyone suggest anything else I can try to get this to work? Thanks for your help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Technical Support”