Cannot see attached thumbnails

For any technical or performance issues
AV8RIX

Cannot see attached thumbnails

Postby AV8RIX » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:59 pm

Hi. I haven't been here since about 2009 but back now. I remember being able to see the filenames of the attached thumbnails and being able to access them.

But now I can no longer see the filenames. IOW, the "Attached Thumbnails" box is just empty. If I look at the source code for the page I can see the filenames (Example: CotNxxx.jpg), file size, views, etc. However, again, there is nothing whatsoever displayed in the "Attached Thumbnails" box. This problem is for the whole Tilted Mill site, or at least the forums for the only two programs I'm currently using, CotN and Caesar IV.

OS is Win 7 64 bit. Browser is IE9 V 9.0.8112.16421 (32 bit).

Thanks for any help you may offer.
Last edited by AV8RIX on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Herodotus

Postby Herodotus » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:42 am

It's the same for everyone.

All the attachments: screenies, saved games etc were lost after a server crash during a period of spam attacks a few years back (don't ask for details, cos I don't know them)
They were never recovered, and the ability to post attachments has been disabled.

The only way people can share screenies and files is with their own account on a filesharing site, and not many people want to do that because it is not as quick and simple, and the games are old with few players posting here now.

But if you have questions, someone (probably Keith) will try to answer them.

AV8RIX

Postby AV8RIX » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:24 pm

OK, thank you very much, Herodotus! Apparently I've been away too long. Just recently decided to revisit CotN and Caesar IV while waiting for Medieval Mayor. Anyway, my question is answered satisfactorily. Thanks again!

Keith

Postby Keith » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:23 pm

You may want to check over at Heaven Games and see if they have any of the downloads in their download center.

AV8RIX

Postby AV8RIX » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:37 pm

"Keith" wrote:You may want to check over at Heaven Games and see if they have any of the downloads in their download center.

Thanks, Keith. They do have them, of course. But I really wanted to see the files associated specifically with individual posts, as I used to.

Anyway, Herodotus has graciously explained the problem, and I understand. But I certainly hope that they will restore the capability when Medieval Mayor is released.

Thanks

Keith

Postby Keith » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:47 am

I know, those spambots ruined it for us here.

Return to “Technical Support”