Traders stuck at the edge of the map

For any technical or performance issues
Stellar Fungk

Traders stuck at the edge of the map

Postby Stellar Fungk » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:18 pm

Hello, now I have downloaded the enhanced patch, which says that traders/merchants won't get stuck there. But they do anyways.

The patch I'm using is the UK version, I guessed that's the version I should use cause I live in Sweden.

Keith

Postby Keith » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:37 am

As far as I can recall you have the right patch if you do indeed have the UK version of the game.

One way you can tell for sure is that the game outside the U.S. was published by SEGA International. If you examine the folders that the game is installed in, the Tilted Mill folder might be in a "Sega" folder.

If this is a digital download version of the game you have to get the patch from the same people that sold you the digital download.

If the retail (boxed) version of the game is fully patched, you should have version 1.3. You can see the version number by hovering the cursor over the actual .exe file of the game in the install folder, or by right clicking on the file and then clicking "properties", on Windows XP the version number will be under the "Version" tab of the properties display.
Last edited by Keith on Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stellar Fungk

Postby Stellar Fungk » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:17 am

I have bought my game. I bought around the time the game came out. In the back of one of the folders (i have two folders one for install cd and one for play cd) it says "published under license by SEGA Europe Limited".

But I still have the same problem. Traders get stucked at the edge of the map. Can someone help me please?

Keith

Postby Keith » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:11 pm

Are you sure you got the correct English patch file? There were two, one for the U.S. version (English) and one for the U.K. version (English) published by SEGA, they are not interchangeable.

Did the patch install successfully? If not, you may want to uninstall the game then reinstall it followed by installing the patch again.

Did you build a cargo drop off point in your city and a merchant center?

Is there something physically blocking the path of the traders? Traders would once get stuck next to some buildings but that was all cured with the patches.

Other than making sure you have the correct patch and that it is correctly installed there really isn't too much that any one can do for you.

You can try starting over from a previous autosave or start the scenario over from the beginning but you may end up right where you are now.

You may have to install the patch and then go back to an earlier save of your city before they all got stuck.

If you got your patch some place else, try downloading and using the patch on the immortalcities.com website:

http://immortalcities.com/cotn/files/CotN_v1.3.0.1_UK.exe

Stellar Fungk

Postby Stellar Fungk » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:58 pm

Yes, I have the UK patch and it installed succesfully. I installed it right after I installed the game. I got the patch from this website.

There som kind of mountain in the way for the merchants I would believe. I already have a CDOP and MC. It's the second tutorial I'm playing.

Keith

Postby Keith » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:09 pm

Ok, I just wanted to check on where you got the file and if it installed alright.

The "mountain" should not be a problem for the traders.

Sometimes traders appear to be stuck near the palace, usually because they are waiting for a CDOP or the goods they want to buy in exchange for what they have brought. But yours are stuck near the edge, I haven't had that problem in a very long time, and the patch you downloaded should have taken care of it.

Did you try restarting from a earlier save before they got stuck. At the worst you may have to restart the 2nd Tutorial.

I have no explanation as to why they are stuck on your map other than what you have already tried.

Return to “Technical Support”