Game runs SLOWLY on high-population scenarios

For any technical or performance issues
texasmine

Game runs SLOWLY on high-population scenarios

Postby texasmine » Thu May 21, 2015 11:39 pm

I don't play high-population scenarios because the game bogs down. I have an Nvidia GEForce card, but I don't know which one. To increase the ability to process more sprites, etc, do I need a more powerful video card?

Keith

Postby Keith » Fri May 22, 2015 4:03 pm

Try lowering your graphic settings in the game setup menu. Try using the lowest Best Performance setting first. You can try raising that slowly as you play the game to see where the point where you run into problems occurs on your system.

You can also manually try using different settings for Water, Effects, Shadows, and Sky. Try using all low settings and raise only one of these at a time as you play. Then move to the next setting and try raising the setting on it slowly until you max out or have a problem. Do that for each of the 4 Detail settings one at a time.

Uncheck the box below the detail settings and try the game without them and then turn them back on one at a time by checking the box.

Using a lower setting on the rear clipping plain setting will reduce the amount of detail the video card will have render at any one time. It will keep you from seeing things that are at a distance from your current camera position on the map while playing. To see that area you would have to scroll the map to that area to see what is there.

The LOD modifier is a sort of a master detail control that will let you raise and lower detail levels with one slide control. Try a lower setting than your current one.

You can also try using a smaller screen resolution. Instead of the HD levels of 1920x1080p try 1440x900 for a wide screen monitors. Use lesser settings until you find one that works on your monitor. This will lessen the amount of the city that will appear on the city map as you lower the screen resolution settings, but it will also lighten the load on your video processor.

A more powerful video card would help, provided you can find one that will work with your computer. As video cards go up in performance they demand more electrical power from your system's main power supply. So you will need to find out what the current capacity your computer's power supply is in Watts and then shop for a video card according to that limitation.

texasmine

Postby texasmine » Fri May 22, 2015 6:02 pm

Thanks for the prompt reply, Keith. I'll give it a try.

Return to “Technical Support”