If you have problems with CotN - README

For any technical or performance issues
pbrecita

Disney

Postby pbrecita » Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:21 am

I can't play past the tutorials or take snapshots. Unable to run either campaign or scenarios without the game crashing to the desktop. I installed the patch and i does not help, Please help
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pbrecita

Disney help

Postby pbrecita » Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:29 am

I can't play past the tutorials or take snapshots. Unable to run either campaign or scenarios without the game crashing to the desktop. I installed the patch and it does not help, I am also unable to uninstall the game. Please help
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kroc

Problems

Postby Kroc » Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:23 am

Hey Guys

I played the demo and loved it so i went out and bought the full game, jumped straight in and was building my city when my Comp Froze ....I couldnt do anything to get out of it including ctrl alt del so ended up rebooting. This has happened every time ive played it. I adjusted the system settings to better preformance and its still freezing. Ive done the DXDIAG and have attached it. Look forward to playing the game hassle free. btw which upgrade should us Aussies use ?
Cheers Kroc

markrxdoc

9200 vs. 9200SE

Postby markrxdoc » Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:59 am

Keith wrote:Hans from TM looked it over in the other thread you posted and pointed out your card is below minimum requirements for Children of the Nile. Here a list of cards that do work and those that don't work:

http://www.tiltedmill.com/forums/showpost.php?p=34204&postcount=6

We looked at your recommendations. My current card won't support Children of the Nile ( It's a TNT2). I am looking to upgrade to the 9200SE. Is that any different than the 9200 you recommended? Will the 9200SE support C o t N?

Keith

Postby Keith » Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:35 am

pbrecita wrote:I can't play past the tutorials or take snapshots. Unable to run either campaign or scenarios without the game crashing to the desktop. I installed the patch and it does not help, I am also unable to uninstall the game. Please help

You apparently do not have a video driver for Nvidia loaded, there is no info about it in your dxdiag.txt file. You must be running with the standard VGA drivers. See this line in your dxdiag.txt file:

Display Tab 1: No problems found. Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer.

Since the latest drivers from Nvidia seem to have a problem with CotN, I recommend that you download the 61.77 video drivers and install them on your system. 61.77 has proven to be the most stable with CotN.

Your SoundMax sound card drivers are quite old...dated 2001. You should see if there are newer drivers available for your sound card.

Keith

Postby Keith » Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:50 am

markrxdoc wrote:We looked at your recommendations. My current card won't support Children of the Nile ( It's a TNT2). I am looking to upgrade to the 9200SE. Is that any different than the 9200 you recommended? Will the 9200SE support C o t N?

Yes, the card shoud support COTN. If you can afford it I would recommend a 9800 Pro, or even one of the newer Radeon X800/850 cards. I run a 9800 Pro and don't have any problems with CotN or any other games at all.

Compare the three:

Radeon 9200

Radeon 9200SE

Radeon 9800Pro

Louise

Postby Louise » Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:34 pm

I am still having problems playing CotN. I have downloaded and installed 61.77 driver, I have changed my page file, I am running my screen resolution at 800x600 and 16 bit but the game still keeps freezing and all I can do is switch off my computer and reboot. I attach my DxDiag :(

Amenirdis

Postby Amenirdis » Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:53 pm

Louise, you're using a laptop, so you can't install the 61.77 drivers. You have to check out the homepage of your laptop manufacturer. They are the ones who should provide updated drivers, as far as I am informed.

Manni

Postby Manni » Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:59 pm

Yes Louise, Amenirdis is right!

Mobil-owners go to their manufatorer and get updates from there.

Have a look into your dxdiag yourself................the 61.77 driver is NOT installed! Your mobile "won`t have it"

ferrets54

Postby ferrets54 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:56 pm

Hullo.

I am having graphical problems with CotN. I can proceed into the game fine, but once on the game map the graphics go wrong. Objects the the landscape flash, wobble, and moving around creates a sort of dragging problem.

I checked out this thread and followed the instructions but unfortunately the result was my desktop resolution went all funky and CotN would not launch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Gave it another shot and now have it working. Thanks for the helpful thread.
Last edited by ferrets54 on Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keith

Postby Keith » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:04 pm

Glad to hear it. You said you gave it another try. What did you give another try? Installing 61.77?

Thoth81

CAN't LOAD GAME

Postby Thoth81 » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:38 am

~Just bought the game and installed it, uninstalled it, reinstalled it, etc... even downloaded a patch: CotN_v1.2
~ I cannot begin the game as I keep getting an error message: "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library/ Runtime Error!/ This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way..."
~I have attached my DxDiag
What can I do?

Keith

Postby Keith » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:15 am

I'm guessing that your video card doesn't support the features of CotN due to its age. Time to upgrade. The drivers for it are 6 years old.

Your sound card is probably also out of date as are the drivers from 1998.

Your system is just a tad slower than the minimum speed required for CotN as well, the minimum recommended is P3 800Mhz.

Return to “Technical Support”