news sierra ??..

Anything relating to our company that doesn't fit elsewhere
plessis thierry

news sierra ??..

Postby plessis thierry » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:29 pm

One speaks about the sale of “sierra ranges” for some time on the forum and one very badly says it in point one advances the name of “EA” to repurchase it. Why tilltedmill does not benefit from it to repurchase the licence of “Caesar” and to propose to us: - either a patch and packs as for “the children of the Nile” - Or a new “CAESAR. V” One is so happy of what you quite simply do with the children of the Nile, that for us that would be a great joy, one likes what you make then - CONTINUE A TO SURPRISE US!! -

JuliaSet

Postby JuliaSet » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:38 pm

All it might take is money! Buy their new games so they CAN consider buying the old CBs!

mike28086

Why buy the old game!

Postby mike28086 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:04 am

They have a great engine inside the Children of the Nile game! All that is needed is to develop the new games like Caesar or Emperor based on the COTN engine, it still looks better than any new City Builder that has come out in quit a few years.

mad_genius

Postby mad_genius » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:53 pm

"mike28086" wrote:They have a great engine inside the Children of the Nile game! All that is needed is to develop the new games like Caesar or Emperor based on the COTN engine, it still looks better than any new City Builder that has come out in quit a few years.

Agreed. The CotN graphical engine is pretty good and a roman city builder game doesn't need to be called Caesar to have success. As long as it is marked with the Tilted Mill mark it will be of great interest to both the press and the public.

Mr Mac

Postby Mr Mac » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:37 am

Absolutely agree. Instead of blowing money on licensing a title's name, why not spend money on making a quality product?

I'd rather have CotN2 or some Roman or Chinese city building game thought from the ground up, rather than solely rely on the pedigree of previous titles.

Anguille

Postby Anguille » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:28 am

Right now i have enough Roman City-builders...propably for the next 10 years (Caesar IV, Civcity: Rome, GotRE, Imperium Romanum and Grand Ages: Rome very soon which is by the way completely different from the previous 2 games by Haemimont).

No, what i'd like to see is a China, Japan, Maya or else CB.

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:56 pm

Lords of Magic City-Builder. :D If TM would ever do something like that, that'd make my pancreas quiver. :D :D :D

Or something set in East Asia (*cough*Korea*cough*China*cough*Japan*cough*). :o

mad_genius

Postby mad_genius » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:20 pm

"Anguille" wrote:Right now i have enough Roman City-builders...propably for the next 10 years (Caesar IV, Civcity: Rome, GotRE, Imperium Romanum and Grand Ages: Rome very soon which is by the way completely different from the previous 2 games by Haemimont).

No, what i'd like to see is a China, Japan, Maya or else CB.

I only mensioned Caesar as an example.

What I'm saying is that TM doesn't need to spend money on buying licenses from Sierra.

Anubis Meats

Postby Anubis Meats » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:29 pm

"mad_genius" wrote:I only mensioned Caesar as an example.

What I'm saying is that TM doesn't need to spend money on buying licenses from Sierra.

Why buy the name of Caesar when they could come out with "Immortal Cities: Children of the Tiber"?

Return to “The Tilted Mill”