New City Builder?

Anything relating to our company that doesn't fit elsewhere
mike28086

New City Builder?

Postby mike28086 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:29 pm

Has there been any mention from TM if they are working on a new City Builder game? I have read through a lot of the forums but have not found any solid info. :(

Amun Nefer
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Postby Amun Nefer » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:55 pm

I've heard hearsay, and the tester application being up a while back is interesting.

I've heard they're all very secretive...
Last edited by Amun Nefer on Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rnett

Postby Rnett » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:22 pm

You could try joining the insider group.

Amun Nefer
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Postby Amun Nefer » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:28 pm

If that were the case though, you'd have to keep your lip zipped.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:57 am

Howdy, mike28086!

TM is always working on something

It is what they do! ;)

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:59 am

I dont know about everyone else, but I'm sure ready for another CB. Perhaps something sci-fi based. Guess I'll have a go at CoTN again :D

Andrelvis

Postby Andrelvis » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:36 pm

I want a new historical CB. And in any case, I hope that they won't do another version of SimCity. I've never liked SC much =P

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:08 am

A new city-builder with CotN's system. That'd be nice. :D

tobing

Postby tobing » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:08 am

Is someone of you here interested in contributing to a medieval city builder? I would need an artist, to be precise, capable to draw isometric images...

See http://www.villages-and-cities.de/vac

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:15 am

I could make stuff in Bryce (most of my artwork goes to Civilization III graphics modpacks). But I'm not sure what graphics system you're using there. Are you simply using PNG files for building images or are you using actual 3d models in-game? I can show examples of my artwork if you like. :)
Last edited by Azeem on Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Amun Nefer

Postby Amun Nefer » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:06 am

The great thing about Germans is that so many of them know English and are nice enough to translate everything into it. :)

tobing

Postby tobing » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:49 am

"Amun Nefer" wrote:The great thing about Germans is that so many of them know English and are nice enough to translate everything into it. :)

That's right... germans are quite anglomaniac, we even invent new words that sound english but that don't exist in english language! :eek: :D

tobing

Postby tobing » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:02 am

"Azeem" wrote:I could make stuff in Bryce (most of my artwork goes to Civilization III graphics modpacks). But I'm not sure what graphics system you're using there. Are you simply using PNG files for building images or are you using actual 3d models in-game? I can show examples of my artwork if you like. :)

I'm using just png files, or tga or bmp or even jpg. Preferred is the png format. All images are 32 bit rgba, and for some reason the transparent pixels only show transparent, if they are (255,0,255,0)...

My current tile format is 56 pixel wide and 28 pixel high, should be somewhere in between Pharaoh and Emperor.

What I need most is images of walkers, and for a first version they don't even need to be animated. One image flat front would be sufficient, or 4 images, one for each direction (upper right, upper left, lower right, lower left). Roads are one tile wide, so the walker should be something like 24 pixels wide maximum.

Theme is european medieval. I need a market lady (hear hear!), a transport carrier or cart pusher, a juggler, a musician, a priest and some sort of medicin, quaksalver, or so. A herbs witch would be nice maybe, with a pointed hat or so.

Thanks in advance! I'm better in programming than in drawing...

Amun Nefer

Postby Amun Nefer » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:24 pm

"tobing" wrote:That's right... germans are quite anglomaniac, we even invent new words that sound english but that don't exist in english language! :eek: :D

Where do you think our new words come from? ;)

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:35 am

tobing wrote:
Theme is european medieval. I need a market lady (hear hear!), a transport carrier or cart pusher, a juggler, a musician, a priest and some sort of medicin, quaksalver, or so. A herbs witch would be nice maybe, with a pointed hat or so.

Thanks in advance! I'm better in programming than in drawing...

I do buildings. :o

I haven't yet ventured into anthropomorphic figures. I do have Poser 5, however. If I get around to learning it during spring break, I can probably make use of the graphics items used in Civilization III units to make animated sprites for your game.

tobing

Postby tobing » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:29 am

@Azeem: Building are also fine, but have to wait a bit. I'm currently implementing a building-graphics-generation prototype, and the generated buildings are at least very good placeholders. I also have ideas about how to extend that into a complete building creator, so buildings are not really needed at the moment - later on, there will definitely be need for some buildings!

Figures are just my greatest need now. They even don't need to be animated, I decided to leave the animation system for later. So for now, I'm just moving around still images, but in 4 directions. These can use all the same image, however, so a starting point for figures would be to have 1 still image of the figure in question.

The system is easily extendable, so adding more stuff later, better images, or add animations at a later point in time will be no problem (once the animation system is implemented, of course).

@Amun Nefer: ...no idea... :D :rolleyes: :cool:

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:52 am

Need a beta testor? :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jacquou Le

Postby Jacquou Le » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:22 am

"tomnobles" wrote:Need a beta testor? :D

I'm playing it :D

tobing

Postby tobing » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:57 am

There's not much to play yet, and I'm changing the graphic style... but there will be more. Beta testing is quite far away from now, there's just some game systems to be implemented. As of now, stuff is produced, but not yet consumed from houses. Once that is done, the (very) basics of the game are complete. Well, I certainly have to do something about the resources / raw materials on the map, but with that ready, too, there will be a 1.0. Read: first playable version of the game, with many more enhancements to come in future versions! When I look at my rate of progress, I would guess that this version (1.0) might get ready during the summer, no promises of course.

I'm happy to receive some interest from you folks, that keeps me motivated, so Thank you very much! :)

I'll ask for specific testing when the time has come. :cool:

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:55 am

When you need building graphics, send me a PM. ;)

Return to “The Tilted Mill”