TM, we want Caesar 5!

Anything relating to our company that doesn't fit elsewhere
mirmihir

TM, we want Caesar 5!

Postby mirmihir » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:25 pm

Its been a long time since c4 was released. Since then there are no good CB's in the market of course IMO. We would love to have a city builder in the vein of Caesar games. OF course you cant use the name Caesar now but any name.....it doesn't matter!

TM, we want Caesar 5!
TAKE UP THE CHANT!!!!

Keith

Postby Keith » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:30 pm

You have my vote, but others are sick of Rome. We had to wait 8 years between Caesar III and Caesar IV. Caesar IV is only 2-3 years old.

Instead of the name "Caesar" they could used the latin "Imperator."

I'd settle for another citybuilder from any of the previously suggested cultures, except for Vikings or Hanseatic League. ;)

The problem with all projects is funding. Money is most likely very tight in the gaming industry due to the current economic climate.

Amun Nefer
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Postby Amun Nefer » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:21 pm

Meh I wouldn't mind another one.

Augustus would also work.

Why not the Norse Keith? :( They were mainly traders after all.

Yes and I wonder if TM currently has the resources required for such a project. :(

Zeal

Postby Zeal » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:16 pm

If the next """CB""" focuses on trade in a similar way that NO does
then the Hanseatic League is perfect :p

Keith

Postby Keith » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:24 pm

But they weren't "citybuilders" in the classic sense. They lived in villages and outposts that later developed into cities, but they didn't set out to build cities.

Keith

Postby Keith » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:25 pm

"Zeal" wrote:If the next """CB""" focuses on trade in a similar way that NO does
then the Hanseatic League is perfect :p

Nah, has to be a citybuilder first, trade, and warfare come after.

Zeal

Postby Zeal » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:30 pm

TM already said they won't make traditional 'Citybuilders' because of their cost :(
I assume the next game will not be mainly about building cities no matter what 'culture'/'group' they choose. .even if city building is included in a limited way. it will not be a citybuilder :S
at least not a "true" citybuilder

abana

Postby abana » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:35 pm

"Keith" wrote:Nah, has to be a citybuilder first, trade, and warfare come after.

I agree with that, and one of the main things that I would like to see that I don't think has been in any game, is that I would like to build a park, so i would like picnic tables, swingsets, etc. Or whatever things are aproprate for the culture.

I once built a city in c3, where I wanted to try and make the workplaces as atractive as possible, I plazaed, built statues, wouldn't it be nice to have a ffesh drink of water? So I built fountains.

When playing Pharoah, I needed to raise culture, I built a pavilian in the industrial area.

Agamemnus

Postby Agamemnus » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:44 am

Another topic on the issue....what do you want in C5?

http://www.tiltedmill.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23600

"abana" wrote:I agree with that, and one of the main things that I would like to see that I don't think has been in any game, is that I would like to build a park, so i would like picnic tables, swingsets, etc. Or whatever things are aproprate for the culture.

I once built a city in c3, where I wanted to try and make the workplaces as atractive as possible, I plazaed, built statues, wouldn't it be nice to have a ffesh drink of water? So I built fountains.

When playing Pharoah, I needed to raise culture, I built a pavilian in the industrial area.

Well, the Romans had parks, fountains, etc... that was in C3 and C4. In C3 (and C4?) there was desirability, but it only affected houses. I also sometimes pretty up the workplaces, though -- when raw industrial efficiency requirements (building as close as possible to maximize output) doesn't get in the way...
Last edited by Agamemnus on Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

tobing

Postby tobing » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:47 am

"abana" wrote:...and one of the main things that I would like to see that I don't think has been in any game, is that I would like to build a park, so i would like picnic tables, swingsets, etc. Or whatever things are aproprate for the culture.

You can do these things in Zoo Tycoon, probably also Zoo Tycoon 2, and the Rollercoaster Tycoon series of games. Not a city builder, but a theme park builder (or zoo builder).

Keith

Postby Keith » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:59 am

"Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis" would let you build and run your own Jurassic Park too.

Zeal

Postby Zeal » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:59 am

Zoo Empire is another one

abana

Postby abana » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:17 am

I'll have to try some of them.

Herodotus

Postby Herodotus » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:54 am

"abana" wrote:I agree with that, and one of the main things that I would like to see that I don't think has been in any game, is that I would like to build a park, so i would like picnic tables, swingsets, etc. Or whatever things are aproprate for the culture.

Sim City Societies is full of all that sort of thing. Ignore the naysayers, it's actually pretty clever.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Herodotus on Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Keith

Postby Keith » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:22 am

JPOG will be hard to find. But it has a couple of interesting aspects to it that I liked. It had a editor that let you design your own island(s) and instead of building a park you could let your dinos run free and watch them interact with each other. You just pick or build an island and place a hatchery on it and select the species you want to "hatch".

It also had a bit of a arcade gaming feature where you could carry out various assignments such as take photos of a certain number of different species from the jeep without getting killed by a T-rex or other dino or shoot all the dinos from a moving helicopter to prevent them from escaping through a break in the fence, etc. You could just skip this part of the game and build your park if you wanted to.

The game had ini-style text files that could be edited so you could actually increase the number of dinos allowed, unlock all the dig sites where you get your bones and amber with dna samples. The game by default limits you to 64 dinos, but I had mine set for 200.

mirmihir

Postby mirmihir » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:13 am

Well TM, you could partner with vivendi for Caesar 5 to solve the problem of funds...
Please just this once TM!!!!!!!!!!!
All of us fans of caesar games promise you that it would be a bestseller.
Please just this once TM!!!!!!!!!!!

Keith

Postby Keith » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:47 am

Vivendi Universal isn't in the computer gaming business any more. They spun off the gaming division as, first, vivendi entertainment, then changed the name back to Sierra, and then Sierra merged with Activision. Activision-Blizzard, the new company, isn't interested in our lowly citybuilders. Their focus is on arcade, console and some first person shooter PC games.

mirmihir

Postby mirmihir » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:14 pm

well, anybody else then who is interested in our lowly citybuilders!

Zeal

Postby Zeal » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:06 pm

Keith
You forgot popular MMOs that twist and corrupt their own plot continuity for $$$

Amun Nefer
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Postby Amun Nefer » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:36 pm

"Keith" wrote:Vivendi Universal isn't in the computer gaming business any more. They spun off the gaming division as, first, vivendi entertainment, then changed the name back to Sierra, and then Sierra merged with Activision. Activision-Blizzard, the new company, isn't interested in our lowly citybuilders. Their focus is on arcade, console and some first person shooter PC games.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa, when did all this happen???

Return to “The Tilted Mill”