Caesar 3 Mod Squad

Anything relating to our company that doesn't fit elsewhere
Crashe

Caesar 3 Mod Squad

Postby Crashe » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:05 pm

http://www.c3modsquad.freeforums.org

(Feel free to lock this if it isn't allowed. Just figured I'd get the word out!)

Ever wanted to change something about Caesar 3? Thought a graphic was too bland? Too out there? Too BIG? Have you got a knack for programming or graphic design? Or are you just interested in joining the community that aims to create the first mods for Caesar 3, so many years after it's creation?

Well head on over to c3modsquad.freeforums.org! We embrace newcomers, and always welcome new ideas and minds. Just register for the forum and post away in the off topic board to get acquainted. Be sure to read the sticky in off-topic regarding rules and terms, so you don't get in over your head.

Here's a what we have so far...

So far, we are able to edit basic land tiles, such as roads and plazas. One of our most active topics is in regards to plaza styles.
We can extract all or some of the pictures out of the game files so we can edit them.
We know what information inside the files do what, including funds, events, trade routes, etc for maps and saves.

And hopefully with your help, we'll be able to figure out a lot more!

So if you are interested in anything I've mentioned, why not come register and have a look. You might find something that you could help with or even lead a project! Don't be afraid to register and just sit around and chat- that's fine too!

Regards,
Crashe
Caesar 3 Mod Squad Admin
c3modsquad.freeforums.org

abana

Postby abana » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:52 pm

I Have posted this information elsewhere, On Mod Squad, I am "street"

Crashe

Postby Crashe » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:12 pm

:) Hey street!

Agamemnus

Postby Agamemnus » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:03 am

Sounds interesting... I might lurk there until there are further developments..

abana

Postby abana » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:08 am

There are already a lot of developments, drop in, you would be surprised.

Amun Nefer
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Postby Amun Nefer » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:11 am

I've signed up there. :D

Crashe

Postby Crashe » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:31 am

Welcome then Amun!

And Agamemnus.. feel free to register and chat. Maybe you can spark some inspiration here or there with ideas. :) Don't be afraid, we don't bite.

Amun Nefer
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Postby Amun Nefer » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:47 am

He's a game designer and he has a major in Economics. Don't trust him! :eek:

abana

Postby abana » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:51 am

"Crashe" wrote:Welcome then Amun!

And Agamemnus.. feel free to register and chat. Maybe you can spark some inspiration here or there with ideas. :) Don't be afraid, we don't bite.

At least not much! Just nibble.

abana

From Crashe

Postby abana » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:50 pm

Greetings from the Caesar 3 Mod Squad! At the CMS forums, we are dedicated to the successful modding of the always classic Caesar 3. What started as a simple request from a user to revamp the game with new graphics turned into a project in its own right, and it has grown to encompass more than just a graphical modification. Sierra shipped the game with no intent of the end-user patching in his own graphics, so no effort was made to ensure that the game data was easily accessible or legible once it was shipped. However, our team has deciphered each piece of code that contains any relevant data about maps, graphics, units, and variables. With this knowledge, we aim to create tools that allows us and other users to modify the game data in any way possible, allowing for full customization of the Caesar 3 game experience over a decade after its release.

Currently, we are able to read any amount of data from any file created or used by the game. For graphics, this includes extracting the building, terrain, and unit sprites and menu graphics. On the technical side, we are able to read and edit any data accessible in game and even some not accessible in game. With this information, we are able to customize a scenario to nearly any extent imaginable- which is much more thorough over the stock map editor. In the future, we hope to be able to create our own careers or even modify game code to completely change the playing experience. Ever wanted a super hard mode? Things such as this are encompassed in our project, and certainly something we look forward to tackling.

So if reading about who we are and what we do enticed you, I encourage you to head over to c3modsquad.freeforums.org for the complete experience. No matter what you bring to the table, you are most certainly welcome in our forums. Maybe you can learn a thing or two- or maybe teach us a thing or two! We humbly invite all newcomers with a warm greeting. Whether you are an experienced programmer, skilled graphics artist, or well-versed loquacious blabber-jaw, feel free to come check us out today!

Best regards,
Crashe and the whole CMS Team

Jacquou Le

Postby Jacquou Le » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:02 pm

I love this thread so much as I've been playing Caesar 3 for over a decade :D

abana

Postby abana » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:39 pm

Please join us(on that forum, I am"street").

Crashe

Postby Crashe » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:18 pm

Thanks for registering! Feel free to join in any discussion.. or start your own!

Keith

Postby Keith » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:10 am

This thread is on the wrong board. You should ask Reed to move it to Outside World.

abana

Postby abana » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:12 am

I'm sorry. Reed, could you do so?

Amun Nefer

Postby Amun Nefer » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:04 am

Bad C and Crashe... :p

Amun Nefer

Announcement

Postby Amun Nefer » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:41 am

Spey might be coming to the site. Anyone who wants to "chat" with our old tro... I mean buddy should come. :D

Simtopia23

Postby Simtopia23 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:13 pm

i would like to join in this group but i've lost Caesar III and i am not very good to modify games.

abana

Postby abana » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:02 pm

We could use your input anyway.

Crashe

Postby Crashe » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:20 pm

Oh well having Caesar 3 and modding experience isn't one of the fields on the registration process... so you're good. :P

Return to “The Tilted Mill”