Whats Everyone playing now?

Anything relating to our company that doesn't fit elsewhere
Solice

Whats Everyone playing now?

Postby Solice » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:31 am

I dont think we have done this in awhile. Besides TM games, whats everyone playing? Personally Im wandering between Dawn of Discovery and Demigod.

Dawn of Discovery:

Demigod:

Both are fantastic games

Amun Nefer
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Postby Amun Nefer » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:50 am

Dawn of Discovery actually looks pretty awesome, Demigod looks very odd to me though. O.o

I was last playing Restaurant Empire 2 and a bit of HoI2 and Victoria, but now it's mostly just online stuff and getting ready for my trip. :)

CatMajik

Postby CatMajik » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:59 am

I'm playing SCS..........again. Dawn of Discovery looks cool

Timhotep

Postby Timhotep » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:31 pm

In Europe Dawn of Discovery is called Anno 1404. I´m playing it, too. :cool:

Amun Nefer
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Postby Amun Nefer » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:48 pm

So this is 1404, what are they discovering? The routes east? :)

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:26 pm

Age of Pirates 2, Tomb Raider Underworld, and the latest Prince of Persia are waiting for me to have time. Oh, and, umm, something I signed not to talk about ;)

Deguar

Postby Deguar » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:31 pm

Currently mostly Sims 3 and Sim City 4
Before that Port Royale 2, Patrician 3, Dungeon Keeper and a bunch of other oldies

Demigod sounded interesting but it sounded 90% multiplayer and I prefer my opponents to be silicon.

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:06 pm

"Deguar" wrote:Demigod sounded interesting but it sounded 90% multiplayer and I prefer my opponents to be silicon.

Ever heard of Shadow of the Colossus? Most beautiful Hack&Slay game I ever played. And biiiiiig enemies! ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTx_CP-i8gs&feature=related

(In case you wonder: This is *not* a trailer, it's the actual game :eek: )

Amun Nefer

Postby Amun Nefer » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:48 am

Wow Saka, that's an awesome-looking game, kind of scary though. Where can I find it?

pcgamer2

Postby pcgamer2 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:28 am

mostly guild wars and sims 3, but today i decided to instal Airline tycoon back in again thinking what the heck, lol it is soo addicting.I would wish they would release airline 2 by now, they said the end of 2006, and then a push back to 2007, they even released trailers, but they couldn't find a publisher so i have to put up with 1998 technology (it was released in english in 2002 by monte cristo, it was released by someone else in 1998, and both of the publishers won't publish the sequal.It was such a fricken good game, one of the best smaller sized games (its only like 455mb, it gives a lot of fun for a comparative of some that need 2-3gb of space of crap.

Amun Nefer

Postby Amun Nefer » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:01 am

I haven't played Airline Tycoon in SOOOOO long. :D

pcgamer2

Postby pcgamer2 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:49 am

i just love it, and the graphics in age don't even bother me, it seems the cartoon ones don't look on par to those when they come out, but then after they age, they are more pleasing.The game is realistic (and its even more interesting you could stay afloat just by playing with the stock market all though it is like in real life risky and pretty much gambling (like you have to be careful of what you buy, if you are in debt for a span of 2 days you will have to go into bankruptcy and game over, or if you let someone else own 50% of your company if they decide to take over game over as well, etc) and how its a regular tycoon in once with all the management, yet you run around in your home airport where all your management is in buildings of the airport terminal.

It is also hilarious of how much humor the game has, like the Arabian oil guy who sells you market price oil (either cheap or "destroy your turbine oil" "normal" "or boast") if you give him a violin he will give you access to the sabotage room where basically you can shoot down your competitors airplanes and etc, only if you get caught by the admin of the airport... :eek: be prepared for a hefty fine!

But if you play pacifist and nice to everyone, you can get their branches without a hassle, they will always be pleased with you, yet they go after you for no reason at all a couple of times, unless of course you buy the security.But after they get in their fight with the other AI, they leave you alone.If you start going after them...prepare for war

Also the airplanes are all real ones, like Boeing 747, 757, 777 (etc for Boeing's), gulfstream (forget which ones), Airbus A300, A310, A320, and a lot of others.But i just sell my startup Boeing's and go all airbus because honestly the airbus are usually the best one in the game for me, they are cheap, low fuel consumption, good range, good speed, they just don't have models that are high passenger (the A300 was like 249 or something like that and that is the highest of the airbus models,but they are still decent amount) you can of course either by the used crap at the museum, go the the airplane dealer, or go to the "high tech" extremely expensive crap with "digital design" (you use a virtual computer to design your airplane from scratch where the parts are ridiculously expensive but i guess it will be your airplane.

meowsh

Postby meowsh » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:31 am

Civ 4 with both expansion packs. Currently playing as the Maya.
I just got the Sims 3, but it didn't run very well on my archaic computer :p So I had to uninstall it :( .......

But once I get a new one in 1-2 weeks, I'm playin Sims 3! Can't wait.

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:30 am

"Amun Nefer" wrote:Wow Saka, that's an awesome-looking game, kind of scary though. Where can I find it?

I think you can find it on Amazon. It's for Playstation2, though.

Amun Nefer

Postby Amun Nefer » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:33 am

I don't know where my PS2 is, lol, I could get a PS3 at some point. :D

Crashe

Postby Crashe » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:26 pm

I've been playing Prototype.. awesome game! It's a sandbox action/RPG game. Like a mutated GTA but much cooler.

That and modding Caesar 3. ;)

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:09 am

I have been playing a few games, nothing really has me hooked right now

Sims3 but I'm mostly done with playing god, the stupid sims just never learn to survive on their own.
SCS: I still have fun building specific cities and I just got Destinations so I am learning that.
CoTN has been installed and played weekly since the release.
Roller Coaster Tycoon 3, while not as fun as 1&2 the eye candy is very nice.
I just tried Prison Tycoon 3, it's amazing how they can release the exact same game 3 times. (wasted 19.00)
I just ordered a new copy of Caesar IV to replace a missing disk so I will be playing that next week.
I think I may install Emperor RotMK again and play through the scenarios one more time.

Keith

Postby Keith » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:54 am

"World in Conflict" (still), and a bit of "Red Baron Arcade", "Star Fleet Command II", and "Caesar IV". I play games for a very long time on average and they remain on my hard drive for long periods of time, e.g., Caesar III, Pharaoh, Zeus and Emperor.

Over the last few years I've amassed a large collection of games from my stint with Sierra. I've got 96 boxes of new games many, of which there are 46 different game titles, the rest of the 96 are duplicates of the 46 (I always like to have backups. ;) ) Most of the games I still have not played and a one or two that I've only played once or twice.

Then there are those that I've actually purchased that I can always fall back on as well.

I've got enough new games to keep me busy for the next decade.

Amun Nefer

Postby Amun Nefer » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:00 am

I love World in Conflict next best thing to smoking Nazis is Reds! :D

Jacquou Le

Postby Jacquou Le » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:32 am

Still playing: CotN, Caesar 2 & 3, SimCity Creator (NDS), SimCity (Mobile).

Intended Play/(or)Purchase: Cities XL, Dawn of Discovery, and The Sims 3. TS3 is a silly game, but I love it :D .

Stop Playing: The rest of other city-building games :p

Try-to-Get games: Arabian Lords.

Consider-to-play-again :D : Emperor - RotMK (because of MP).

Return to “The Tilted Mill”