Keith is a new Super Moderator!!!

Anything relating to our company that doesn't fit elsewhere
Homeworld'sa

Keith is a new Super Moderator!!!

Postby Homeworld'sa » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:36 pm

Check it out for yourself on Forum Leaders, we have a new forum staff member, and he is Keith.

I hope he does a great job moderating the board. Reed did listen to my advice after all and got someone to help him with the spamming problem this community has. Hopefully, he appoints a legion of staff to totally stop the spabots once and for all :D
Last edited by Homeworld'sa on Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keith

Postby Keith » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:09 pm

Actually, I didn't want to make a big deal of this publicly. I'm only here to help out with the spam attacks and that's all. I'm not part of the "staff" or connected officially to TM.
Last edited by Keith on Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

abana

Postby abana » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:16 am

How can we best help? Is there a way to send you an email? Or do you get one whenever we send a PM? I would be most interested in dfoing that if there are either a lot of threads or if any of it is ****.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:57 am

Excellent choice, TM!

:)

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:59 am

"Tinkerbell" wrote:Excellent choice, TM!

Agreed!

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:05 am

Can we get the Snowman™ back this Winter, Keith?

:D

Amun Nefer
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Postby Amun Nefer » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:10 am

WOOT!!!! Way to go Keith! :D

Keith

Postby Keith » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:56 am

I check in on the board many times a day and night so sooner or later I'll see any spam threads still up on the boards that Reed or Jeff haven't managed to catch. If the board is getting hit hard with spam, I'll make a point of checking it even more frequently. I want to try to remove spam as soon as it's detected and hopefuly that will discourage future spam attacks.

I don't have the email function turned on for PMs, because I don't check my email all that often...maybe every other day or two.

Also, right now, my ability to reply to Visitor Messages on my Profile is broken. So if you post anything there the only way I can respond is by PM until Reed sorts that out. Best to PM me for the time being.

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:19 am

An excellent choice by TM. :)

Homeworld'sa

Postby Homeworld'sa » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:37 am

"Keith" wrote:Actually, I didn't want to make a big deal of this publicly. I'm only here to help out with the spam attacks and that's all. I'm not part of the "staff" or connected officially to TM.

Still, at least let the others thank you for becoming one :)

"Tinkerbell" wrote:Excellent choice, TM!

"PantherX" wrote:Agreed!

"Amun Nefer" wrote:WOOT!!!! Way to go Keith! :D

"Azeem" wrote:An excellent choice by TM. :)

Yep, Reed decided to take onboard my advice I kept on giving him. :)

"Keith" wrote:I check in on the board many times a day and night so sooner or later I'll see any spam threads still up on the boards that Reed or Jeff haven't managed to catch. If the board is getting hit hard with spam, I'll make a point of checking it even more frequently. I want to try to remove spam as soon as it's detected and hopefuly that will discourage future spam attacks.

So you're like the mini-spambot catcher for Reed? :D :D

I don't have the email function turned on for PMs, because I don't check my email all that often...maybe every other day or two.

Try checking more :)

Also, right now, my ability to reply to Visitor Messages on my Profile is broken. So if you post anything there the only way I can respond is by PM until Reed sorts that out. Best to PM me for the time being.

Permissions problem, you can receive, but not reply to Visitor Messages.

Czech Centurian

Postby Czech Centurian » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:21 pm

You get those spammers Keith.

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:03 pm

"Homeworld'sa" wrote:Yep, Reed decided to take onboard my advice I kept on giving him. :)

I would guess that it had little to do with you and much much more to do with the fact that the spam has increased to all new heights in the last couple weeks.
:cool:

Keith

Postby Keith » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:53 pm

"Czech Centurian" wrote:You get those spammers Keith.

You bet. I already nailed about six of those buggers early this morning. It's really fun when I can delete the spam as soon as it is posted, but some of the time it manages to survive for 30 mins or an hour or two. I gotta sleep some time.

abana

Postby abana » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:01 pm

Need your beauty rest, Keith?

Keith

Postby Keith » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:05 pm

You could call it that. :) Fortunately, or, unfortunately (for me), I can only manage to sleep for about 2-4 hours at a time nowadays. It's main reason you'll see me online here in the dead of night many times.

abana

Postby abana » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:09 pm

That is why I am on at all hours.

Homeworld'sa

Postby Homeworld'sa » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:29 pm

Well, at least, you don't have to report any threads atm, since you'll just receive a report that you made :D

Reed

Postby Reed » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:35 pm

Keith has actually been a mod for a couple years at least, helping keep the spam down. But for some reason his permissions got messed up at some point. I didn't know about that though until the recent influx of spam.

Amun Nefer
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Postby Amun Nefer » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:40 pm

I guess Reed must be slipping in his old age. :p Approaching the big two five in two years... :D

Homeworld'sa

Postby Homeworld'sa » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:55 pm

"Reed" wrote:Keith has actually been a mod for a couple years at least, helping keep the spam down. But for some reason his permissions got messed up at some point. I didn't know about that though until the recent influx of spam.

lol Reed, you sure are funny at times :)

"Amun Nefer" wrote:I guess Reed must be slipping in his old age. :p Approaching the big two five in two years... :D

lol. Literally

Return to “The Tilted Mill”