Whats up in 2010 TM

Anything relating to our company that doesn't fit elsewhere
Nighteyes

Whats up in 2010 TM

Postby Nighteyes » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:17 am

Hey TM, whats going on?
what are you working on, can you at least throw us a bone and tell us if you are still working on games? :(
please :o :o

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:55 am

I don't think we are ready for the answer :(
:cool:

BrazNomar

Postby BrazNomar » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:21 pm

It does look spooky when you take a look around... even forums are going slowly. It's a bit sad that we're left wondering for even the smallest hint of news.

Competition has been going on healthy though, it seems...

Simtopia23

Postby Simtopia23 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:30 am

I believe that TM is stupid to not use this good situation.

when there are great city-builder from counter (the last settlers is much worse and Cities XL has been a disappointing game) therefore would be the ideal time for a new Caesar or a whole new city-builder.

and then i don't understand why TM don't increase hype, it's a very effective weapon to take a greater share of gamers.

and so the forums are going slowly because the TM games are a bit old, there isn't a totally new game with 3D graphics and they are losing their fans.

TM u must reveal some details of the new game, please do it.

RemixedCat

Postby RemixedCat » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:54 am

They are a quiet company tucked away in framingham, mass. very quiet.

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:54 pm

"Simtopia23" wrote:I
and then i don't understand why TM don't increase hype, it's a very effective weapon to take a greater share of gamers.

Strongly disagree. Hype spreads misinformation and misguided expectations. So many games have been overrated for no real good reason, even if they aren't bad games.

If they are ready to release info, then they are ready to release info. Simple as that.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:21 pm

"Azeem" wrote:Strongly disagree. Hype spreads misinformation and misguided expectations. So many games have been overrated for no real good reason, even if they aren't bad games.

If they are ready to release info, then they are ready to release info. Simple as that.

I agree with Simtopia23.

One of TM's worst faults is their secrecy. Next to selling their games too cheap too soon.

Games sell due to hype. After the fact is waaay too late. After the fact is also when the price of games starts to fall.

Players rate games according to hype & price. Expensive games are assumed to be great! Cheap games are assumed to be poor.

You wanna make people beg for a game, by teasing them with tidbits & spilled beans waaay before a game is even ready.

If you are not proud enough of your game in advance, players won't be either.

Besides, a game will not be good if based on a tiny inbread group of Old People, all thinking the same way. The word needs to get out early so the developers can get public feedback before it is too late & final decisions on gameplay have been made.

It's all about marketing. Be bold & be bold early, TM!

Secrecy = "We don't care about you"
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Zeal

Postby Zeal » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:11 pm

every time i log on to youtube I see an advertisement for an online game similar to Ikarium and Nile Online called Evony. I wonder if their widespread popularity is because of the 'boobs' in their advertisements or because of the fact they have a slot on many popular "social networking sites"

I think it's something TM should have considered for NO

"Tinkerbell" wrote:Besides, a game will not be good if based on a tiny inbread group of Old People, all thinking the same way.

hahaha well there are how many people posting here in these forums? the whole community is tiny...
I would avoid terms like 'tiny' and "inbred'

Simtopia23

Postby Simtopia23 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:41 pm

so now is the perfect moment for buy COTN at ridicolous prize :D

in which site is there the best prize of COTN without DRM?

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:54 pm

I agree with Tinkerbell, total secrecy about upcoming projects leads to low sales.

Just take a look at the really big games like The Sims. The community is informed, has screenshots, storylines, fanart, forums and online resources months before the game or even a demo is released. And then they sell $Millions on the first day of sales.

More hype would be a great thing! I would suggest TM finds a new Marketing department, The marketing department can and will make or break a company.

The Tilted Mill team and leaders are unique in the industry in that they do not re-hash their games. I believe this also hurts their sales a lot. People like things that are familiar. Look at The Sims again, How many expansions packs are there? how many $M spend on purchasing these packs again? When TM does try to provide more to an existing game (Alexandria) they mess it up.

I do not know what the sales were for Alexandria but I am sure they were not as good as they could have been since you had to re-purchase the original updated game in order to play for only a few more hours. If Alexandria had just required a free update to the game files and then a digital download for something like $10, I would bet there would have been 1000's of more sales. You can increase that to 10000's and even more with a good advertising campaign.

If Alexandria had come out in the stores for $19.95 as a simple add-on pack I would have bought it right away. Take out the retail packaging and provide a simple digital download for $9.95 and again a winner. If your worried about piracy there are simple ways to combat it without DRM and complicated systems that require the user to be online and risk loosing their purchase when the DRM company folds or just stops supporting the game. Note: TryMedia and Direct2Drive have both stopped supporting older games. This means that you can no longer play those games you paid for and since you can not buy them anymore your out of luck.

The only reason I bought Alexandria was because the bundle was on sale very cheap. Since it was cheep I was willing to risk the cash and I would guess that TM made almost nothing off my purchase. I did not even know that Alexandria existed since I had not visited the forums in months prior to hearing about NO. I should have heard about it before it came out, especially since I was already registered with the forum you would have thought I would have received an email. Maybe even a simple forum message to make me come look.

The same thing goes for Hinterlands, Mosby's and Orc Lords. How come I did not receive a simple email or forum message telling me these games were available?

I am not saying TM should keep re-hashing their old games. I love the fact that every game TM makes is a new, unique and exciting world both visually and with gameplay modes.

TM needs to promote their stuff more! Am I a little biased? Yes I am because I love their games. I have purchased every TM game except Mosby's and that's because I have zero interest in re-hashing old war stories.

Will I purchase TM games in the future? If they make it the chances are high but at the current moment it seems like we are just waiting for TM to close their doors like so many other game companies.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:cool:

Benni003

Postby Benni003 » Sat May 01, 2010 1:54 pm

I'm sad, because there are no news about a new game from Tilted Mill.
After Impressions games closed in year 2004 all my hope was on Tilted Mill. They develop the games I like so much!! Now long time no news from them. Really I scare that maybe they will close their doors also. I don't want to know from them what game they are making. Just I want to know if they are working on somethink!!! Why you can not tell us?

Keith

Postby Keith » Sat May 01, 2010 6:08 pm

It is only my opinion and guess that TM is in stasis right now. They probably don't have any staff to work on much of anything for the time being. The turn down in the economy probably required them to reduce staff and just hold on. Hopefully, the economy will recover to a point where they can obtain a publisher willing to foot-the-bill for the development of a new game sometime soon.

BTW, Impressions Games was closed by Sierra in 2001. TM was formed shortly thereafter and COTN was released by TM in 2004.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Mon May 03, 2010 3:57 pm

Looks like this is what's up with TM

New Hinterland Version?

Good Job, TM! :)

If released in the US (like to Steam), make us pay for the upgrade this time. No more freebies.

tobing

Postby tobing » Tue May 04, 2010 7:53 am

Seems they have sold the license to TGC so they can release Hinterland as box version in Europe. Screenshots are from the original version (note the name of the hero: Reed), so I wouldn't expect any big changes or added stuff. Boxed versions might sell better in Europe than download versions...

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue May 04, 2010 1:41 pm

"tobing" wrote:Seems they have sold the license to TGC so they can release Hinterland as box version in Europe. Screenshots are from the original version (note the name of the hero: Reed), so I wouldn't expect any big changes or added stuff. Boxed versions might sell better in Europe than download versions...

Yeah, I noticed the Reed part, tobing. They might be referring to "an enhanced and exclusive special edition" & "additional game content, exclusive concept art and the official soundtrack" as compared to the original Hinterland, but I've got my hopes up!

I also bet Europe gets the Mermaid too! GotGame's US cd didn't have her, but Steam version DOES! :D

~ ~ ~

EDIT: Speaking of Steam, you all notice the New Steam Upgrade (not the game, Steam itself)? VERY kewl!
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Tue May 04, 2010 1:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.

goonsquad

Postby goonsquad » Wed May 12, 2010 1:24 am

If TM could at some stage get their hands on C4 and fix it, they would have something really special. Sadly, it's very unlikely to happen.

Simtopia23

Postby Simtopia23 » Thu May 20, 2010 9:47 pm

"goonsquad" wrote:If TM could at some stage get their hands on C4 and fix it, they would have something really special. Sadly, it's very unlikely to happen.

yes Sierra is definitely death and activision don't want to develop this type of games.

i think that TM has skills for make a totally new city-builder game with 3d graphics.

Salim

Postby Salim » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:25 am

since Stronghold 3 is coming, I think, Greec game temed is bether.

Simtopia23

Postby Simtopia23 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:31 pm

"Salim" wrote:since Stronghold 3 is coming, I think, Greec game temed is bether.

yes but we must know something, TM go on!

Simtopia23

Postby Simtopia23 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:52 am

Some news on next TM games?

Return to “The Tilted Mill”