Help Tilted Mill now!

Anything relating to our company that doesn't fit elsewhere
Simtopia23

Help Tilted Mill now!

Postby Simtopia23 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:07 pm

Today we don't know much about the economic state of this software house but u can see that last update is dated june 11th 2009 so we must help them. How???

In my opinion, They have 2 famous games(Caesar IV, and COTN) and 3 unknown games(in the case of SimCity Societies I think the name and marketing have been the real problems) so i think that we must advertise these games with videos on youtube and sharing these on various social network, forums,...

Simcity Societies: i think that it would be nice to create a video that shows some creations of the fans and the possibility to custom the game.

Hinterland: in Youtube there'arent any walkthrough, tutorial or others so we must create some videos that shows the gameplay and how u can play it.

Mosby's Confederacy: the same things of Hinterland :D

Both 3 games have also a low price so it's another reason to buy one of these. :cool:

So if u want to see in future others innovative TM Games, advertise one of TM games!

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:34 pm

TM only gets money if you buy Hinterland, scarabs for Nile Online, Mosby's & COTN (online download, including Alexandria XPac).

Buying those games is how to help~!

Thank You! :)

Simtopia23

Postby Simtopia23 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:08 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:TM only gets money if you buy Hinterland, scarabs for Nile Online, Mosby's & COTN (online download, including Alexandria XPac).

but for example Hinterland is not so known in the web.

tobing

Postby tobing » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:18 pm

You may not have realized that most of the former TM staff has gone. There's almost nobody left, and I'm glad that most of them have found new jobs and seem to be happy there.

Enjoy their games, they are part of computer games history...

Benni003

Postby Benni003 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:11 pm

I am asking the tilted mill stuffs...
What can we do? I like tilted mill and their games very much and It would be very hard for me If I come one day on this website and there is nothing anymore...
I know that there are some people in the community who like to develope their own game ;)
I and I think also many other people would be very happy to see any remained stuff talking with us here....
... You could make people more happy in this bad time!

Agamemnus

Postby Agamemnus » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:51 pm

There's probably only one guy left, who just maintains the website (Jeff Fiske)... TM is dead for all intents and purposes. :(

Of course, you never know. There's always a glimmer of hope.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:40 am

Ignore the nay-sayers.

WE are TM & WE are here!

:)

CatMajik

Postby CatMajik » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:18 pm

And we will stay here!!!!

Amrine

Postby Amrine » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:26 pm

Yay!! Sit-In!! Radicals! LOM2!!

Sorry got carried away :)

Herodotus

Postby Herodotus » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:23 am

"Tinkerbell" wrote:TM only gets money if you buy Hinterland, scarabs for Nile Online, Mosby's & COTN (online download, including Alexandria XPac).

COTN original SEGA CD is (or was a few months back) still on sale on spinner stands in one of Britains biggest chains. I'm guessing they are old stocks and if anyone profits it is the retailer and not SEGA and least of all TM.

Anyway it's
The End of the Line

Roy Orbison retrospective on TV last night, he was only 52 - so sad.

tobing

Postby tobing » Mon May 02, 2011 7:29 am

I guess the only way to help what is left over from TM is buying scarabs on Nile Online. Maybe they get their share if you buy CotN on Steam, too.

@Tinkerbell: I know you wanna be TM, but are not part of them. You're just a "fan" of their games, like so many others, only very loud on these forums, and probably in NO as well. Which does not give you any special rights...

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Mon May 02, 2011 6:52 pm

Please stop trolling tobing

tobing

Postby tobing » Wed May 04, 2011 12:56 pm

Sorry. I'm not trolling anyway, just stating some facts. :rolleyes:

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Wed May 04, 2011 2:19 pm

Lies are not facts, troll

tobing

Postby tobing » Thu May 05, 2011 11:18 am

Which of the facts I wrote is not true?

arcan

Postby arcan » Fri May 13, 2011 5:55 pm

It really is a pity the advertising for the games were so poor from sega.
As for the forums, although it's still much more pleasant than the montechristo's one, I miss some of the good humour of it that has disappeared a while back...

JOODADDY

Postby JOODADDY » Tue May 17, 2011 7:17 pm

Wouldnt you say that the big problem here was instead of making games that people really wanted that had a good fan base however small it might have been would have been better than making some new name games that no one would even recognize like Mosby and hinterland. Although i like them both i think any of the other names would have been better off. Like LOM2 or something of that idea.

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Wed May 18, 2011 5:50 pm

I have not played Mosby's but Hinterland is kind of amazing for a quick playing game.

One of the most interesting things about TM is they never do the same type of game 2 times. Even most expansion packs add some unique features other than just new graphics.

I have recently been playing Caesar IV, SCS, and COTN again and it's really interesting to see the progression of the technology and gameplay styles.

Another of the interesting things about TM is that they never talk about current projects. It has been a long time since we have seen or heard much but I always maintain hope that the small team is working on something wonderful, I mean after-all we will be seeing Duke Nukem Forever real soon.

Always maintain hope!

I would love to see an iPhone app for playing Nile Online, Heck I would gladly pay for it as long as it made it easier to play than just using Safari. If it supports the existing scripts or duplicated the functions it would even be worth more :)
:cool:
:cool:

Simtopia23

Postby Simtopia23 » Fri May 20, 2011 2:47 pm

i've bought SCS Destinations 2 days ago, this money arrive to TM or EA?

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Fri May 20, 2011 4:33 pm

EA gets at least most of it, since they are the owner of the game. Hopefully, TM's contract with them included a piece of all sales.

Return to “The Tilted Mill”