Check out the Twitter feed

Anything relating to our company that doesn't fit elsewhere
Jeff Fiske

Check out the Twitter feed

Postby Jeff Fiske » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:45 pm

I know many of our fans are not signed up for Twitter, so I just thought I would encourage you to go out to the main page whenever you come to the forums and check out the feed.

You don't have to be on Twitter to use the links and see what it is all about.

We are posting a mix of news, information about similar products and companies and topics of general gaming interest - the cream of the crop- as interpreted by us.

For example, I personally found the "Videogame Glitches in real life: http://bit.ly/UUVQUZ " to be particularly amusing and clever.

If you enjoy the feed, then you should consider signing up for Twitter and following us- even if you don't have a smart phone, you can just use your browser.

Enjoy

Czech Centurian

Postby Czech Centurian » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:09 pm

Those guys at Corridor Digital are talented.

Following you guys on twitter since the Chaucer tweets leading us on. :D

Jeff Fiske

Worth following---

Postby Jeff Fiske » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:00 am

Bit of news several of you might be interested in that was just tweeted...

Over at Gog they are doing a huge bundle sale of the old Impressions CB's to put you in the mood for some Medieval Mayor...

GOGcom ‏@GOGcom City Builder's Secial: Zeus+Poseidon, Pharaoh+Cleopatra, Caesar III, Lords of Realm 1 & 3 together 75% off http://j.mp/R8OIat

Czech Centurian

Postby Czech Centurian » Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:10 am

Might as well ask here.

Is there any way of playing Lords of Magic: Special Edition in windowed mode? It's really stretched on a 26" screen.

Also any idea if gog.com will ever sell Emperor? I never got to play it, along with Zeus and Cleopatra.

PCDania

Postby PCDania » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:26 pm

Emperor is on the GOG Wishlist

You can vote on it right under the number (currently 454 votes) to the left of the games name.

If it get enough votes they will try if they can make a deal with the copyright holders.

What Lords of Magic goes then it looks like it's not possible to play it in windowed mode. The closest you can get is by following the instructions in the last post here:
LoM in a Window, sort of

The solution makes the game run in a frameless window in the upper left corner of the screen at 640*480 so it might get too small to be playable.

Instead of running the game from Run as suggested in above link, it might also work making a shortcut on the desktop to the games exe file and then add " /x=0" (Without the quotes but including the space) to the end of the Path in the shortcut.
Last edited by PCDania on Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:07 pm

You know it's tempting to buy the bundle from GoG just to support the cause. I own them all already and just pulled out SC:S again. Wish I could find a No-CD patch, my older files do not work anymore. It must be due to some patch or version conflict.
:cool:

Edit. lol I installed Zeus thought I would do a few games. Turns out it will not run, even in compatibility modes. so I headed over to GoG and bought Zeus/poseidon, Pharaoh/Cleopatria and Caesar 3 since they all say that they run in Win7. Not bad for under $13 ;)

Hey Jeff, do you get any of that $13?
Last edited by PantherX on Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
:cool:

Jeff Fiske

Postby Jeff Fiske » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:47 pm

"PantherX" wrote: Hey Jeff, do you get any of that $13?

Well we left Impressions to form Tilted Mill, so unfortunately no. Guess it comes with the territory!

In fact, Impressions closed after Lords of the Realm III, so it supports Activision's bottom line.

It does however spread the love of CB's and it supports a good site (GOG.com) so I have no problem promoting it.

tobing

Postby tobing » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:43 pm

Today is the last day to get the city building games collection from gog.com for only 25% of their regular price. Hurry!

http://www.gog.com

Jeff Fiske

Found this gem in Twitter feed..

Postby Jeff Fiske » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:53 pm

Return to “The Tilted Mill”