Allusions/Easter eggs in Impressions games

Anything relating to our company that doesn't fit elsewhere
pheeph

Allusions/Easter eggs in Impressions games

Postby pheeph » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:30 pm

When I was playing Zeus: Master of Olympus, all the walkers sound more American... aside from that, some of these walkers make references to certain individuals or have similar dialogue from previous city-builders.

Here's the list I drew up:

-The city guards sound like Clint Eastwood (when battling a thug, they say "Do you feel lucky, punk?")
-The gymnast disturbingly sounds like Richard Simmons.
-The helpers following the vendors sound like surfer dudes.
-In an unemployed situation, the water carriers say "Workers, workers everywhere and not a job to take." But in Pharaoh, when you have labor shortages, the water carrier says "Jobs, jobs everywhere and not a worker to fill them"
-The silver miners sound like Americans at the gold rush...

That's what I got so far. Is there something you have to point out in these games?

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:11 pm

From Impressions' "Lords of Magic" TBS game, there are several quotes inspired from movies:

-The Shaman: "Thrice the brinded cat hath mewed" (from Shakespeare's "Macbeth")
-The Water Capital Tavern: "Of all the gin joints of all of Urak, you had to walk into mine" (from "Casablanca"; original quote is "Of all the gin joints of all the world, she had to walk into mine")

From "Zeus: Master of Olympus", note the names of some of the walkers
- City Guard: Rhobocop
- Actor: Dineroclese

From "Pharaoh / Cleopatra", when you type the 'Side Show' cheat, the hippos put on tutus and dance

Keith

Postby Keith » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:36 pm

In Zeus, press CTRL+ALT+C to open dialog box:

Code: Select all

Code                               Result
Delian Treasury                    Add 1000 Coins
Ambrosia                           Win Scenario
SoundFrags                         Unknown Effect
Fireballs from Heaven              Strike location with fireball
Bowvine and Arrows                 Towers shoot
Cheese Puff                        Workers wear cheese costume
Seasick                            Poseidon gives city fish
AtlastheGreat                      Monuments get built faster
Bigbadwolf                         Wolves are bigger and more dangerous

Mammaldrome                        Changes animals at hippodrome (Poseidon must be installed)

In Caesar III:

1. Right click on a well.
2. Press ALT+K (Steps 1 & 2 activates debug "cheat mode" )
3. Press ALT+C for 1,000 denari (if less than +5,000 in treasury). Upto 5,000.

1. With debug "cheat mode" activated.
2. Press ALT+V to get instant scenario win.

2. Right click on well, then click on the "?" in the lower left corner of the well info screen to get well "help" screen.
3. On the well "help" screen press ALT+K again to get instant enemy invasion.

For Pharaoh/Cleopatra, press CTRL+ALT+C to open dialog box:

Locust Pocus              - Invoke loqust plague.
All Hail Mighty Pharaoh   - Invoke Hailstorm.
Amphibian Assault         - Invoke Plague of Frogs
Another Brick in the Wall - Pyramid speedup There is a 50% chance that god blessings are converted into pyramid speedups.
Crime Time                - Tomb robbers appear to rob mausoleums and tombs.
Out Out Damn Spot         - River of Blood. The effects of the plague:  water lifters stop working, reed gatherers stop going into the marshes to collect reeds.
Big Dave                  - Ptah will destroy some industrial buildings. Ptah must be worshiped in the city for this cheat to work.
Grenow                    - Ptah will destroy one of your city's Storage Yard.  Ptah must be worshiped in the city for this cheat to work.
Spirit of Typhon          - Seth will strike down some of the next invaders.  Seth must be worshiped in the city for this cheat to work.
Meow                      - Bast will throw a festival for all the gods.Bast must be worshiped in the city for this cheat to work.
Cat Fight                 - Bast will level some of the city's best houses.Bast must be worshiped in the city for this cheat to work.
Sun Disk                  - Raises your Kingdom Rating. Ra must be worshiped in the city for this cheat to work.
Mesektet                  - Lowers your Kingdom Rating.  Ra must be worshiped in the city for this cheat to work.
Life from Death           - All farms on the flood plain will harvest double after the next flood. Osiris must be worshiped in the city for this cheat to work.
Underworld                - Farms on the flood plain will be destroyed by the next flood.  Osiris must be worshiped in the city for this cheat to work.
Hippo Stomp               - Sends a passel of angry hippos through your city
Side Show                 - Makes hippos...aw, heck just try it. You'll like it. (Hippos must already be present on the map)
Pharaohs Tomb             - Win scenario
Fury of Seth              - Destroys all ships Seth must be worshiped in the city for this cheat to work.
Treasure Chest            - 1000 deben will be added to the city's treasury
Bounty                    - The next inundation will be better than expected. Osiris must be worshiped in the city for this cheat to work.
Mummys Curse              - The next inundation will be worse than expected. Osiris must be worshiped in the city for this cheat to work.
Pharaohs Glory            - The amount the city can export will increase by 50% for a year. Ra must be worshiped in the city for this cheat to work.
Bird of Prey              - The city's trade partners will trade less for a year. Ra must be worshiped in the city for this cheat to work.
Supreme Craftsman         - A storage yard with excess capacity will be filled with gems, clay, pottery, flax, linen or jewelry. Ptah must be worshiped in the city for this cheat to work.
Noble Djed                - Shipwrights, weavers or jewelers will be fully stocked with raw materials. Ptah must be worshiped in the city for this cheat to work.
Typhonian Relief          - Soldiers sent to distant lands will be protected. Seth must be worshiped in the city for this cheat to work.
Seth Strikes              - The city's best company and their fort will be destroyed. Seth must be worshiped in the city for this cheat to work.
Cat Nip                   - Houses and bazaars will be filled with goods and food. Bast must be worshiped in the city for this cheat to work.
Kitty Litter              - A plague will strike the city. Bast must be worshiped in the city for this cheat to work.
Jail Break                - A pack of tombrobbers hits the streets, looking for burial provisions to steal.
Amphibious Assault        - A plague of frogs descends upon your city (requires Cleopatra).
Crimson Tide              - The life-giving river turns to blood(requires Cleopatra). .
Crop Busters              - Swarms of locusts eat every crop in sight(requires Cleopatra). .
Hail to the Chief         - A hailstorm pelts your city(requires Cleopatra). .
Ancient Astronauts        - Pyramids are built at a quicker pace(requires Cleopatra). .
Mummys Revenge            - A horde of mummies will rise and attack your city(requires Cleopatra). .

For Emperor, press CTRL+ALT+C to open dialog box:

Black Death - Kill all units (military)
 Kill Enemy Units - Kill all enemy units
 Kill Loan Units - Kill all loan units
 Shake Shake - Earthquake
 Glub Glub - Flood
 Great Heat - Drought
 Delian Treasury (Shutime after patch) - Add 5000 cash
 Gimme Goods - Get free goods
 I win again - Win mission
 Lizardman - will change into a giant lizard (hero must be present in the city)
 SpawnMugger - One mugger is spawned in the city
 SpawnBandit - One bandit is spawned in the city
 Chinese Flu - One house becomes infected
 IgnoreDesire - Desirability values are ignored in housing evolution, thus houses evolve even in the most undesirable areas
 WaresForElite - Every elite house in the city receives 100 units of bronzeware/lacquerware
 TeaForElite - Every elite house in the city receives 100 units of tea
 SilkForElite - Every elite house in the city receives 100 units of silk
 CeramicsForElite - Every elite house in the city receives 100 units of ceramics
 HempForElite - Every elite house in the city receives 100 units of hemp
 FunForElite - Elite houses evolve without the required entertainment
 Uncle Sam - Tax collectors change into Uncle Sam

Other cheats (listed on other sites, I don't know what they do and if they will do anything at all)
 TimeBandits
 Jumble Town
 Bad Wallpaper - All buildings in the city become inauspicious (Feng Shui)
 SoundFrags
 Reset Timing
 Dump Timing
 Toggle Alpha
 Shutime - money cheat (use this if you have Emperor v. 1.0.1.0)
 Framerate

All word "codes" must be typed correctly as they appear here, and they must be capitalized in exactly the same manner as they appear here.
[align=center]Image

[url=mailto :d heitm8612@aol.com]Keith Heitmann[/url]
Listen to the music of the CityBuilders while online:
Caesar III Playthrough Archive•Caesar III Music Player•Pharaoh Music Jukebox•Zeus Music Jukebox•Emperor's Music Box•Official Pharaoh/Cleopatra Walkthroughs•Official Zeus/Poseidon Walkthroughs•Children of the Nile Musicbox•Children of the Nile & Quiz•Visit PlanetNile

[/align]

pheeph

Postby pheeph » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:03 am

in Pharaoh, the constable has that police stereotype. The sound file about him complimenting the city, that he mentioned something about donuts...

King Faticus

Postby King Faticus » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:59 am

2. Right click on well, then click on the "?" in the lower left corner of the well info screen to get well "help" screen.
3. On the well "help" screen press ALT+K again to get instant enemy invasion.

Wow I didn't even know about this one :eek: It isn't on any of the "sites"
Im going to try it as it actually seems useful....entertainment :p
Last edited by King Faticus on Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:39 pm

King Faticus wrote:Wow I didn't even know about this one :eek: It isn't on any of the "sites"
Im going to try it as it actually seems useful....entertainment :p

Ummm... :eek: :mad: :rolleyes: :p :D

(Keith too! :D )

Bugsy

Postby Bugsy » Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:31 pm

My fav easter egg was the hippos, but I also liked to turn the dairy farmers into Cheeseheads, and I loved shooting cows from the towers. :D

MAX-1

Postby MAX-1 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:04 am

MarkDuffy wrote:Ummm... :eek: :mad: :rolleyes: :p :D

LOL
I can see the record deals now....

CHEAT MASTER Keith. :cool: :p :cool:

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:02 am

So, I leave this forum & go to AOE3 & the very first post I see there is asking whether or not CHEATS are enabled online.

Yea gads, I'm totally surrounded!

:p

I will NEVER be assimilated into the Borg Collective. I will fight them on the land. I will fight them in the air. I will NEVER give up. NEVER surrender!

:D

prof786

Postby prof786 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:05 am

i liked the one way back from pharaoh with them dancing hippos all geared up in their ballet dresses. and they were even happy.

and the one from zeus named FIREBALLS FROM HEAVEN. it would've been funny if a hand popped up that threw the fireballs.

King Faticus

Postby King Faticus » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:24 am

MarkDuffy wrote:Ummm... :eek: :mad: :rolleyes: :p :D

:D I suppose you shouldn't click here then! :eek: Caesar I tips

Jayl

Postby Jayl » Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:34 pm

Seasick Poseidon gives city fish
AtlastheGreat Monuments get built faster

Has anyone had any success with these two cheats? I just tried them and they do not work on Zeus or Poseidon.

Keith

Postby Keith » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:18 pm

Jayl wrote:Has anyone had any success with these two cheats? I just tried them and they do not work on Zeus or Poseidon.

Some of those codes may not work, but were reported on one of the many game cheat code websites, such as GamesWeb. If you don't have Poseidon installed, it may not work. Then again, it may not work at all anyway...I've never tried it.

Otherwise, if you have the option to build Atlas' citadel do so, because once it is built all other construction in your city will be speeded up automatically.

[url=mailto :d heitm8612@aol.com]Keith Heitmann[/url]
Listen to the music of the CityBuilders while online:
Caesar III Playthrough Archive•Caesar III Music Player•Pharaoh Music Jukebox•Zeus Music Jukebox•Emperor's Music Box•Official Pharaoh/Cleopatra Walkthroughs•Official Zeus/Poseidon Walkthroughs•Children of the Nile Musicbox•Children of the Nile & Quiz•Visit PlanetNile

Return to “The Tilted Mill”