The TM Next Project Poll

Anything relating to our company that doesn't fit elsewhere

What project would you like TM to undertake next?

City builder: fantasy
7%
City builder: space
15%
City builder: modern
4%
City builder: middle ages
20%
City builder: ancient/prehistoric
13%
Children of the Nile 2
15%
Lords of Magic II
8%
An expansion pack for Caesar IV
8%
A RPG al la Sims
1%
Something completely different...
9%

Total votes: 148

Amun Nefer
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Postby Amun Nefer » Sun May 24, 2009 5:38 am

"Zeal" wrote:Repetition = interest

If TM were considering a new culture, chances are, they already considered everything we have.
All we can do is give them an idea what might be most popular by posting our opinions.

I cast my lot for anything East Asian or Meso American too

suggested 11 times now...

Lack of action - nothing happening. :p

Well they have said unfortunately that so far there are no plans for further CBs. :(

Also welcome back since it appears you have been missing. :)

Zeal

Postby Zeal » Sun May 24, 2009 6:26 am

"Amun Nefer" wrote:Lack of action - nothing happening. :p

If TM did 'nothing' they would be out of business

"Amun Nefer" wrote:Well they have said unfortunately that so far there are no plans for further CBs. :(

"Zeal wrote:I cast my lot for anything East Asian or Meso American too

where did I say I wanted a CB? ;)
TM could even make an Aztec themed 3X game if they want.
"Aztecs in Space"

Amun Nefer" wrote:Also welcome back since it appears you have been missing. :)

*sighs*

yes I got abducted by aliens and was MIA for a looong time
don't you remember?

Amun Nefer
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Postby Amun Nefer » Sun May 24, 2009 7:26 am

Lol, I meant on that idea, they're busy working on Orc Lords with the apparent half-wits at GGE.

Lol, sorry, I thought the current convo was on CB.
Now that is an awesome idea. :D

*gasp* You mean some 4channers came and took you? That sounds positively awful! D=>!!!!

Simtopia23

Postby Simtopia23 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:27 pm

however, it will be hard to see another Tilted Mill CB because CB does not guarantee a great success even if the TM team has much experience in this genre, a limit could be done in an RTS that medieval setting is not so bad the only thing is the military sector in Caesar IV was rather poor, lacking in strategy and one thing I see is much like a graphic, perhaps using the graphic Simcity Societies could make a game really very beautiful and well made.
Last edited by Simtopia23 on Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pcgamer2

Postby pcgamer2 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:22 pm

ill just quote this to the right thread

"pcgamer2" wrote:i say we are done with this traditional city builders, its time to be creative, maybe something of a mixture of a civ 4 fused with real time stratagy city building?

Any setting i think needs to be decided, rome, modern, but lets go with modern for now as example

for modern, you will pick which country you want to be, and then either real world issues you play with as acting leader, or tilted mill can make some up.For real world, if you choose lets say United States, all the issues will be there for you to figure out for solutions, not all you will solve, just like president today.You have your administration for advise and etc.You get full city building control of you acting capital, and all the values will effect your country nationally.For example if you build a lot of trees for lower air quality in your capital, the air quality there will be what the national level is, so you don't have to control every little town with partial tools, instead you get full control.You have approval rate system, petitions, etc.Again with the issues would be like what is going on with north korea, and you have to handle it efficiently,or else your approval rate nationally and a foreign approval rate (what other countries think of you) will go down. Foreign and national approval don't always agree.Foreign also should be less sensitive due to the fact so many countries out there all think differently (show a foreign policy window that has all the major countries which you can see your relations and how to improve it and their form of government and etc), but it will be the standard overall approval.For each country you will choose which party systems if they have one, for example if you choose democrat in the united states, your administration's advise will be democrat.You should be able to manage warfare, food issues, issues from all over the country (like lets say CA water problems lets say for us, or if you do china you will get food shortage issues and such) you have to balance a budget, keep all your education, healthcare systems and economy all in order, or you will pretty much either have anarchy, or someone will put you out of your misery and finish your country off, meaning you lose the game, or too much debt or etc.

this idea, sorry i am fairly tired i shall rewrite it with a more logical and complete approach tomorrow as its midnight now, but this idea should be compatable if lets say tilted mill wanted to make it rome instead in older times.

"pcgamer2" wrote:well i do think it should be interesting to play.If you can play in different times, for example if you want to play present, you will get a list of countries of today u can play as with the current issues like north korea and the economy, but then after that, you will make all the decisions, then the stuff starts randomizing from there based on what you do (wars, united nations meetings, etc).If you choose to play in the 1800s with the civil war, go ahead.If you choose to go 100 b.c, then you select which empire you want to play (lets say roman) and then u get the current things happened at that time, then everything after is based on what you do.If you play rome, you can build just like a city builder in rome city,and basically that city will represent all the others, because it would be too hard to control all of the cities individually, and then you get partial control of all the other cities and stuff around (because those are ran by the local leaders, but you can still do partial controls and move around the empire.This is not a civ4 clone, as this will be real time strategy, not boring turned base.

Yes it is a bit tycoonish, but i don't want to play only city builders.I think tilted mill should try some new things.plus this should give the big companies with civ4 and stuff a run for their money

Simtopia23

Postby Simtopia23 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:59 am

You know something about the next projecty of the TM?? then that game will do??

I'm looking forward to a medieval city-builder, but I would not really a remake but more a LOR game with the track as a complete selection of civilization in Age of Empires 2, with an aspect of the war more polished but with a good management Tilted Mill style Caesar 4, COTN

Mr Mac

Postby Mr Mac » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:16 am

"Simtopia23" wrote:You know something about the next projecty of the TM?? then that game will do??

I'm looking forward to a medieval city-builder, but I would not really a remake but more a LOR game with the track as a complete selection of civilization in Age of Empires 2, with an aspect of the war more polished but with a good management Tilted Mill style Caesar 4, COTN

I agree, I would like this very much, but I have a bad feeling Tilted Mill is only just hanging in there. But I hope I'm very much wrong.

I'd quite like a Tilted Mill take on the Age of Empires series in general, but I doubt they'll ever do it. :(

Smintar

Postby Smintar » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:00 pm

Since CWG3 was not mentioned :( I do remember LOM I still have it, very good RPG TB

fortuente

Postby fortuente » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:47 am

"Keith" wrote:Space, the final frontier.... ;)

As long as it's something original in a citybuilder and not just yet another colony game like Outpost, etc. Space race, space station, but nothing too far along the purely Sci-Fi line of things either. I have in mind something more in the line of a science-possible.

OK, I was just quickly perusing this thread and didn't plan on responding or anything but this quote totally set my imagination ON FIRE!

How awesome would it be to have a city-builder that is a space station? That is, a space station-builder rather than a city. Has this ever even been done? IIRC X-Com had a pretty interesting station-building element to it, but that isn't quite the same thing as a traditional Impressions/TM city-builder in space.

You could start with different basic designs - the spinning wheel, spinning barrel etc. Then take a modular view to plugging in various "buildings" like air generation, waste recycling, residence dorms, shopping areas, and the like. All the same basic elements we get with games like the Caesars and CotNs but translated to space.

To add in the extra awesomeness and give it an Alpha Centauri feel you could customize and even "create" new modules. Maybe a hybrid residence/shopping module, a power plant that is volatile but cheaper to run, perhaps give them custom names so you can have a disco named after yourself on your station.

Perhaps take it to the next level and introduce some (very) heavily simplified 4x elements: pick a certain planet to build your station next to based on the minerals, food or whatnot you can extract from it, trade with other stations and hire out couriers and shippers to import and export the goods you trade ... set up an entire station devoted to producing water for other stations - a winner!

Thanks for this idea, it is a great one.

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:08 pm

I would buy a space station builder. Perhaps it could even have a story line to build the historic space stations and have features to build a exploration colonies to explore space or found other stations.

There is a space station tycoon in the works for Wii and PS.

http://wii.ign.com/objects/889/889515.html

I seem to remember playing a space station builder demo but can't remember what it was called. Then there was Moon Tycoon which was quite fun for a short time and actually there was a builder under water which reminded quite a bit of what a space builder would be like.

vidder

Postby vidder » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:19 am

Hinterland 2 with Dungeons, Quests and everything being more complex.

pcgamer2

Postby pcgamer2 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:01 am

i want a browser game based on Harriet Tubman! ;)

a 2D flash game with cute cutout faces and etc kinda like hinterland's artwork designs that TM made for teasers. You play as Harriet and help slaves escape to the journey to Canada (with all the moses and story telling things), with all the "checkpoints" or safehouses on the way. The game should play a lot like hinterland style, if you know what i mean, your slave followers, the places to explore, but only you have set path trying to go north to Canada with all the hardships.The maps can also be randomized for new experiences like the same way of what hinterland does, because there are different routes she had to take with the underground railroad, and different starting points (maryland, north carolina, w/e)

would be a pretty nice educational browser game that can achually be a bit of fun.

Dnisis

Postby Dnisis » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:08 pm

Whatever they make, I will play it. I loved outpost, caesar, pharoah, theme hospital, rollercoaster tycoon, stronghold, and just about every other city builder, empire builder, building simulation etc for the last 20 years. Children of the Nile was and is fantastic along with all the rest of tilted mills offerings.

Please bring MORE!!!

Solice

Postby Solice » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:26 pm

"pcgamer2" wrote:i want a browser game based on Harriet Tubman! ;)

a 2D flash game with cute cutout faces and etc kinda like hinterland's artwork designs that TM made for teasers. You play as Harriet and help slaves escape to the journey to Canada (with all the moses and story telling things), with all the "checkpoints" or safehouses on the way. The game should play a lot like hinterland style, if you know what i mean, your slave followers, the places to explore, but only you have set path trying to go north to Canada with all the hardships.The maps can also be randomized for new experiences like the same way of what hinterland does, because there are different routes she had to take with the underground railroad, and different starting points (maryland, north carolina, w/e)

would be a pretty nice educational browser game that can achually be a bit of fun.

A Harriet Tubman flash game? I have to give you credit, no one saw that coming. I have to admit some pretty terrible ideas for box/advertising art are popping into my head, but I will not be sharing them.

Solice

Postby Solice » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:30 pm

I still want my 1930's rts gangster sim

http://www.tiltedmill.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17837

Simtopia23

Postby Simtopia23 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:55 pm

TM stop!!

i want to know what is the next project!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:50 pm

"Simtopia23" wrote:TM stop!!

i want to know what is the next project!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Getting mad will not help. TM will let us know what they are working on about the time it is ready for release. They are not very good at pre-hyping their games.

All I can guess is they they are working on something new, exciting, wonderful and different than anything you have ever seen before. ;)
:cool:

Simtopia23

Postby Simtopia23 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:30 pm

"PantherX" wrote:Getting mad will not help. TM will let us know what they are working on about the time it is ready for release. They are not very good at pre-hyping their games.

All I can guess is they they are working on something new, exciting, wonderful and different than anything you have ever seen before. ;)

yes but even a small spoiler, nothing.

I do not know when it will come out of what is, we only know that TM will look at our polls to see what we want to see gamer.

For example, the robot could do as entertainement on the web where we can get some pictures secret during the development of Age of Empires 4!!

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:37 pm

Yep other companies will hype their titles a lot. Sometimes too much, too early and they listen to their customers a little too much. When these companies to this they end up with up with just another game in the genre.

I played a little AOE1 and I can only imagine that AOE4 is/will be more of the same old stuff, more of everything the customers like and will end up being the same old AOE with just more bells and whistles.

TM never makes the same old game, not since Impressions folded anyways. Every game is different and new and usually can not be considered a typical game of any specific type.
:cool:

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:27 pm

Excuse me?

Age3 added Home City cards besides being Americas based now! They absolutely rock & the ships are outstanding now!

This ain't yer daddy's Age!

Return to “The Tilted Mill”