I'm lost figuring this out

Discussion and help with creating scenarios and campaigns in the Editor
Jytte

I'm lost figuring this out

Postby Jytte » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:15 pm

I've created world maps, no problem. I've created icons, no problem. Now I just wanted to create a background image for 'story', you know the picture you see in the background while reading scenario information... HUGE PROBLEM.

The one that are already with the program (scribe, docs, farmers etc) are normal tga files. I created one with alpha channel, no work. Created one without, no work. Put it in the main folder where the others are, in the same as the scenario, no work.

So had a closer look at the existing files. Ordinary tga files. Copied scribe with new name, works. Opened scribe in my PaintShopPro, saved it as a new tga file, no work.

This is the image information for the two pics:

Scribe3 (right) is the one I just copied and renamed (works). Scribe2 is the one I opened, then saved as tga with new name (no work).

For some reason the disk size gets smaller, but what does that have to do with anything.
For my untrained eyes, these files are completely identical, yet CotN doesn't seem to think so.

What on earth is going on?

Granted I'm completely stressed out at the moment because of the website issue, but I just can't for the life of me think of what I'm doing wrong suddenly???

Anybody?
Jytte (alias Ubekhet)

Jytte

Re: I'm lost figuring this out

Postby Jytte » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:24 pm

BUMP: Edited above with picture.

Anybody have any bright ideas? Please?
Jytte (alias Ubekhet)

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:43 am

The only other difference I see there is the file path.

I don't remember if anyone ever tried changing these. I think we did, but I don't recall success, which would mean we never figured it out.

Jytte

Postby Jytte » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:33 am

Path is just because that's where I picked up the file for PSP...
As long as the file is in either the original scenario folder, or the user scenario folder, AND is a tga file, Cotn will 'recognize it' and it shows in the list you can choose from on the Story Page.... but won't work.

I was afraid you were gonna say this :(
But SO hoping that someone cracked this at some point in time. I just can't see any reason for it NOT to work, and that bugs me to no end!
If it was hardcoded to only accept the original files, it also shouldn't take my 'renamed file', and that it does :roll:
Jytte (alias Ubekhet)

Return to “Editing”