Objects and units

Discussion and help with creating scenarios and campaigns in the Editor
Jytte

Objects and units

Postby Jytte » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:30 pm

I have a problem... I would like to be able to check if there are barracks/commander's quarters of a certain kind on the map. As in, are there city guard barracks, or army commander's quarters for example.
This is not a new problem for me, I've had that situation before, and I sidestepped it by settling for testing if there are for example 'barracks' of any kind. That's simple enough, and I can work with that when I have to.
BUT, there ought to be a way to specify this search for an object. I've used the 'unit set' before for things like temples, but in this case it does not want to help me. I've tried every possible combination of units and class, dynamic or not, use object, and what not. Not happening.
In 'unit set' there is 'city guard' but not 'army' or 'navy', so that right there tells me it won't be much help. And it isn't. Class only gives me the option for a non-specified 'barracks' or 'commander's quarters'.

Have I missed something? Or is sidestepping the only way?
Jytte (alias Ubekhet)

Keith

Re: Objects and units

Postby Keith » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:54 pm

There is no way to specify a search for a specific type of commander. All you can do is double click on any one of the existing commander homes in your city ad that should highlight them all. That makes them easier to spot on the city map where you can then check each one to see what type of commander belongs to each one of those houses.

Jytte

Re: Objects and units

Postby Jytte » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:43 pm

Keith, I'm in editor, and looking to trigger a search (as a check)... and I don't think there is any way of doing this, but I wanted to ask around, just in case I did miss something.
Jytte (alias Ubekhet)

Return to “Editing”