What does this do?

Discussion and help with creating scenarios and campaigns in the Editor
Yahya

What does this do?

Postby Yahya » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:44 pm

I might have asked this once before, but I think we need to figure it out. It is driving me mad.

Does anyone know what the circled checkbox in the attached picture does? Or, does anyone have any ideas how I might test to determine it?

EDIT: Re-added screenshot for reference.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Yahya on Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

thegrad

Postby thegrad » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:06 pm

Yahya wrote:I might have asked this once before, but I think we need to figure it out. It is driving me mad.

Does anyone know what the circled checkbox in the attached picture does? Or, does anyone have any ideas how I might test to determine it?

If that box is checked, and you click on quick load it will load the last game you was working on. I have not tried the quick save when the box was checked. :)
Last edited by thegrad on Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:12 pm

Thank you! :D

But, isn't the last game you were working on the one you have open?

thegrad

Postby thegrad » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:17 pm

Yahya wrote:Thank you! :D

But, isn't the last game you were working on the one you have open?

I think it used more in the campaigns, when you need to go back to a previous map.

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:47 pm

Hmm. Okay then, I'll just keep ignoring it.

It just really bugs me that there is no mouseover text on that one. ;)

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:08 am

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]I feel pretty,
Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty and witty and bright!
And I pity
Any guy who isn't me tonight.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Another eureka! :D (Note: I'm from Oregon, so every time I go to type eureka, I want to capitalize it. :p )

After many long years, I have discovered what the checkbox shown in the screenshot in the first post does!

I call it the "Tutorial Mode Checkbox."

When unchecked, the Scenario Editor works normally. It saves .scn format files in the Scenarios folder of the installation, and loads the same files from the same folder (or folders, in the case of Alexandria).

When checked, the editor enters Tutorial Mode. It then save scenarios in .tut format in the Tutorials folder of the installation, and loads the same from the same folder (or folders...et cetera).

That has been bothering me for a long time, and last night I accidentlally clicked it and then clicked Save to find no files there. I then unchecked it and clicked Save to find all my scenarios.

That did register it with me until tonight, when I checked it again and this time clicked Load, to find Tutorial00, Tutorial01, Totorial02, and Tutorial03 in the list (I'm running Alex). So I did a test save, and found the file in my Tutorials folder, named Tutorial Test.tut.

Now I can build a tutorial series, I guess. :p

This information is now included in my Scenario Editor's Manual that is nearing completion. I need only finish the World Map section, then work on the Campaign Editor section, and I'll be done, and the manual will be posted.

And it will be good. :D

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:22 am

Reported.

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:10 am

lol looks like your reporting yourself :p
:cool:

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:22 pm

Heh. Yes it does. :p

Karter

Postby Karter » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:45 am

Yahya??

You are from Oregon, LOL so am I .... I guess I didn't read the small print

I be a Portland boy, are you near by?

:)

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:32 pm

Hey Karter.

I actually am from Oregon, but I live in Rhode Island now. My location says "The Ocean State" because that's RI's nickname.

I was born in Salem and lived there until I was 4. Then we bought a house outside of town to the north of Keizer. I lived there until I was 18 when I joined the Navy. I've only been back a few times since then, unfortunately.

But probably back this summer for our 20th high school reunion.

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:59 am

Lol, I went to High School in Dayton, and used to work at the West Bernside Sambos restaurant outside Portland.

small universe huh?

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:29 am

Indeed.

That just tells me what I've always known. Peoples from Oregon is smart. That's why we all playz CotN.

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:54 pm

LOL. Just reread this for the first time since January, and realized you worked at Sambo's, PantherX.

That's a blast from the past. Those are all closed now, due to a class action suit, right?

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:03 pm

"Yahya" wrote:LOL. Just reread this for the first time since January, and realized you worked at Sambo's, PantherX.

That's a blast from the past. Those are all closed now, due to a class action suit, right?

Yep, I was working for them at that time, there was a group of Blacks that were kicked out of a Sambo's for being rude to the wait staff. They happened to include the son of a Lawyer who decided that the "Little Black Sambo" story was racist. He filed a class action suit but before it went to court Sambo's (who was suffering due to the bad publicity and bad corporate choices) decided to change their name to "Seasons" Restaurant. The lawsuit was dropped, the business suffered due to the company spending $Millions$ to remodel the stores and do the name changes. The owners decided to sell to Vicorp who then closed all the Seasons and re-opened them as either Village House Restaurants or Baker Square's.

The interesting part is that "Little Black Sambo" was actually a little Indian (middle eastern type) boy who while adventuring one day was attacked by some tigers. He ran around a tree so fast that the Tigers turned into whipped butter to serve on your dollar sized pancakes.

oh - lol after I typed the above paragraph I found this...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Black_Sambo

hehehe, Sambo's was a great company to work for and provided me income for over 4 years. The restaurant managers actually had to buy into the restaurant, in the 70's it cost $150,000 to open a Sambo's Restaurant, the Manager had to provide 20% ($30k) to get the store and partake in the profit sharing.
The biggest mistake the corporation made was in 1978 they started hiring business students fresh out of collage as Managers and bought out the vested managers. These "kids" didn't have a clue how to run a restaurant and many stores started producing losses.

Return to “Editing”