no typing in editor?

Discussion and help with creating scenarios and campaigns in the Editor
AnnT

no typing in editor?

Postby AnnT » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:04 pm

I've got Alexandria expansion in the game. I tried to do a quick scenario to load into a non-enhanced version of COTN...and found that while I can use the arrow keys from the keyboard...I can't type anything when trying to add cities/etc to the world map

. It took an ALT-TAB out to check on processes to get even one word typed into a city name and that was the last typing I could do. It didn't hang...it just ignored the typing. I can delete or backspace over something...but no letters/numbers added.

any thoughts here?

upon further testing, it seems to have something to do with the duo processor in my new machine. I 've been able to get the typing to work (if I don't use the mouse to highlight/delete words) but 3 out of 4 times it crashes when I try to save. Sound like a problem with my setup/machine or something with the program?
Last edited by AnnT on Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:20 pm

I can´t tell you why there was no typing, but the other problem (crashes) sounds familiar...
Maybe you typed more than 4 lines in the description boxes? This would make the editor very unstable. Try to keep these texts short, and the editor should crash less often.

Return to “Editing”