Help for the newb

Discussion and help with creating scenarios and campaigns in the Editor
Punchackale

Help for the newb

Postby Punchackale » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:24 am

Well hello to all who are reading this text.Please excuse my english, because i don't speak it very often.I'm new to this game although i have mastered the art of building a grandious city.Lets move on to the next level...
I have turned my atention to editing.So i've opened the editor and saw all the interfaces and i said in my mind:"wtf this is so easy".
I was so f** confident taht this scenario would be so easy done that the game crashed after 10 sec.I started again and this time i wasn't so consfident about it.I mean i trided to solve the mystery of the slope elevation but i didn't get it.So i went to this .... ummm a!!! yes this forum to get some advice but all that i could find were some tutorials taht were very educative, but for me they were to advanced for the newb i am.So i ask you grand children of the nile or of the fast-food or of the... watever dude ytou got the poin, i ask you to teach me this simple things and i want to become friends with you because i saw this is a forum filled with nice people and i know this may be a first imperssion bout in the future i wouldn't like to change. So bye bye.
And yes i'm a boy.

pcgamer2

Postby pcgamer2 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:40 am

the international forum is here http://www.tiltedmill.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23 if you prefer to speak ur native language.

Punchackale

Postby Punchackale » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:43 am

sorry i don't speak deusch nor french nor espaniol

Punchackale

Postby Punchackale » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:46 am

aaa
please tell me how do i change my status message, i mean the" vagrant"

Karter

Postby Karter » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:08 am

"Punchackale" wrote:aaa
please tell me how do i change my status message, i mean the" vagrant"

it changes automatically depending on how many posts you make

Punchackale wrote: i ask you to teach me this simple things and i want to become friends with you because i saw this is a forum filled with nice people and i know this may be a first imperssion bout in the future i wouldn't like to change. So bye bye.
And yes i'm a boy.

The best way is just to start with the Tutorials in this section
it takes you step-by-step on how to create the terrain and so on.

And I think your english is very good.... I am american and can't even speak it

:)
Last edited by Karter on Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

pcgamer2

Postby pcgamer2 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:19 am

"Karter" wrote:And I think your english is very good.... I am american and can't even speak it
:)

by law to get citizenship you have to have a good understanding of both written AND spoken english, unless you came in illegally of course...

Punchackale

Postby Punchackale » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:20 am

can someone frome you guys tell me about the high flood area and flood areas and the slope elevation and fine elevation.pls

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:38 am

I really think you should read and try the editing tutorials step by step. They are not hard, and I think noone can explain the slope and flood area thing much better than it is explained there. If you read it and still have problems, you can ask anytime, of course.
If you think you did everything right but your scenario still crashes, you can upload it (click "manage attachments" and select your saved scenario) an we will look at it to help you find the problem.

CharleyK1

Postby CharleyK1 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:46 am

Hi Punchackale,

I agree that your English is good enough for this forum :)

I understand your frustration with the river creation process, I've experienced it too, and I'll bet most who have tried the editor have also experienced it. There are no "magic hints" that I was able to find.

The best advice I was given (and can give to you) is to repeatedly study those tutorial posts AND make many maps to practice. Start with simple, straight rivers on a small map so you can go quickly until you get a feel for it. And make sure to save at each critical step (certainly at LEAST once at the end of each elevation level when you are satisfied). If you plan on making curvy rivers with branches, or split rivers that flow around things, be prepared to have more difficulties and save even more often.

Good Luck,
...Charley

Punchackale

Postby Punchackale » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:21 pm

oo thank you guys. :D
But you have to trust me, my english is as bad as i say it is. :(

Punchackale

Postby Punchackale » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:23 pm

good news everyone.
I've made my first map and as soon as i'll complete the world map and triggers, i'll be uploading my first scenarion.

Return to “Editing”