Help in Editing Building Material

Discussion and help with creating scenarios and campaigns in the Editor
Baltizar

Help in Editing Building Material

Postby Baltizar » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:05 pm

Does anyone know how I can edit the building materials for buildings. For Example I would like the cult temples to be built from stone material rather than mud brick

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:30 pm

Howdy, Baltizar!

Not via the editor, I don't think. Stuff like that is hard-coded.

However, you can place a Cult Temple site on the World Map with the editor & require it to be built out of stones.

EDIT: On 2nd thought, you could trigger a collapse of any cult temple in our city that a player builds ( :D ) with another trigger that if they pay a zillion stones to a World Map site, then the collapse trigger would be turned off. Almost the same thing. ;)
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:46 pm

That's true, Tink, and a pretty good idea.

It would be nice if you could use triggers to control what build options are available, but I've never found a way to do that. You can only set them by default.

Of course, you could disable the temple so no one can build one, and set it up so they can donate to a World Map site the stones, and once they open that site, you can use the editor to place the temple base.

At least, I think you can place the base. I know you can place the whole building, but I think you can also designate a site. Of course if you did that, the bricklayers would start coming to drop of the bricks and so on.

But suffice to say that you can do a lot between the WM and the nome level. It's really up to your imagination.

Return to “Editing”