Surnu searching for a map tester and trigger mentor

Discussion and help with creating scenarios and campaigns in the Editor
Nighteyes

Surnu searching for a map tester and trigger mentor

Postby Nighteyes » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:33 am

Hi guys,
I have sat down again and have started making (hopefully) the first scenario of a Campaign, however I don't have the drive, enthusiasm and time to test it fully as I add more to the story, and world level. Also being my second map,the first failed badly, I was hoping that someone could take a look at my triggers as well to give me tips.

NOTE this is still a work in progress and the main testing at the moment would be to see if the map is an ok and working and that it is balanced, as I hope I have now finished it. I will be adding more content to the WM and story as time goes on.
The scenario should be winnable as is.

If your interested you can either send a PM or reply in the thread.
Thanks
Nighteyes

PS. I had a bit of trouble with some of the river earlier on, I tried to make an island to be surrounded bu either floodplain or river, however CotN crashed when ever I hit Create River. up until I added a small finger of desert joining the island to the mainland. Has any one else found this? or is it just me, it's not the first time I've had weird issues with the river. :(

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:25 am

I should have some time to look at it a bit. I'd be glad to help you. :)

Nighteyes

Postby Nighteyes » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:26 am

Thanks Yahya,
Here's the map, along with an incomplete world map and a couple of rough triggers most of which I made when I first started the map. (quite a while ago now.)

due to the lack of triggers I have left all sites visible for now.

EDIT: ok I can't upload it now:mad :( I can't seem to upload anything, bugger), do you have any preference as to how you get it, I could send it as an email, otherwise I could try to upload it on another site, it's up to you.

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:19 am

I sent you a PM.

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:57 pm

I just had a quick look at this in the editor, and it seems like it will work. I didn't comb through the triggers because I won't have the time for that until tomorrow night some time.

Maybe tomorrow night I can play through it. The win criteria are a bit long :) , so I can't do it today because I have school tonight.

I'll work on it over the next couple of days and make some detailed notes. Then I'll let you know.

Nighteyes

Postby Nighteyes » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:02 pm

Thanks Yahya, I just got Hinterland through so I'm afraid that production is on hold at the moment, hopefully it will begin again soon. ;)

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:21 pm

Good. Then I get more time. :)

Return to “Editing”