Events in the Editor

Discussion and help with creating scenarios and campaigns in the Editor
texasmine

Events in the Editor

Postby texasmine » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:44 pm

I've been in the Editor, Players, Events and noticed CoN 2509 and CoN 2575. Does anyone know what they represent? I thought they might be extreme flood/no flood, but I tested that theory on an established scenario, and it was a no-go.

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:47 am

I started to tell you, texasmine, that someone had listed all these out before. I was thinking it was Karter, and I was kind of correct, but then I searched and realized it was me! :p

Have a look at this thread: http://tiltedmill.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17133&highlight=event

Interestingly, the OP asks specifically about those two events, and we were unable to answer the question.

But that thread does explain how the events are numbered and named in languagetext.ini, and how you can label them yourself so the names appear in the editor.

texasmine

Thanks, Yaha

Postby texasmine » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:48 pm

Thank you for the prompt reply....you are such an asset to CoN players!
:D

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:28 pm

Thank you.

To better answer your question, I believe I tested many of the events at one time, and I found that several of them produced no noticeable effects. It could be that something wasn't implemented or that we are just missing something.

That said the editor is straight out of Empire Earth (CotN was built with Stainless Steel Studios' engine), and there are many things in the editor which are disabled in CotN. So it could be just that they are extras. Why all the extras aren't at the end of the list, I don't know. :)

Return to “Editing”