Adding New Gods

Discussion and help with creating scenarios and campaigns in the Editor
Sereniama

Adding New Gods

Postby Sereniama » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:43 am

Hello

I am asking if you can add any new gods into the game? Because I want to have Perwadjet as a city so you can build a mighty cult city dedecated to Wadjet the Snake Goddess.

The other mission is a desert oasis that you will build a cult city dedicated to Serqet, the Scorpion goddess.

I mean I sorta want to do some missions that are fictional with some gods there and such. Maybe add an "Allah" God so I can make my Cairo scenario. (Or I can just make tht just Ra only worshipable).

Also, I would love to do A Tale of in the Desert map too.

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:11 pm

Hi Sereniama,

I don't believe you can increase the number of gods, but I do know you can change the names of the existing gods within the file Cotn.ini.

So you can take a god you don't intend to use for your scenario and rename him or her to any other name you like, and that god will be replaced with your chosen god.

If you want to have different textures for temples and shrines, that would be a different topic, of course.

Also if you intend to distribute the scenario, you'd of course need to include your Cotn.ini with instructions for how to use it to achieve your desired effect.

There are some excellent scenarios in the user created scenarios folder that can show you what is possible. I believe it was Karter who had a series of 4 scenarios that get progressively more advanced, using effects, sound effects, and many other tricks.

Herodotus

Postby Herodotus » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:49 am

"Yahya" wrote:
...There are some excellent scenarios in the user created scenarios folder that can show you what is possible. I believe it was Karter who had a series of 4 scenarios that get progressively more advanced, using effects, sound effects, and many other tricks...

You are probably think of this one. It was amazing. But you had to "install" it, rather than the usual way with scenarios. Instructions are in the first post. Definitely worth playing.

http://tiltedmill.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6327

Return to “Editing”