Name database

Discussion and help with creating scenarios and campaigns in the Editor
Liakhara

Name database

Postby Liakhara » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:47 am

Is there a way to edit the database that the default names are pulled from? Last name especially, but first name would be nice, too. It's stupid, I know, but I thought it would be cool to use a mod where all the people had last names of people I know. You know, without having to go through the tedious process of renaming them all by hand.

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:42 am

Yes there is, but I don't quite remember how to do it. There is a list of all the possible names in one of the text files if I recall correctly.

Check the file Cotn.ini. It's a huge file with most of the game text in it, and I think there is a list of all the "random" person names.

Liakhara

Postby Liakhara » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:02 pm

"Yahya" wrote:Yes there is, but I don't quite remember how to do it. There is a list of all the possible names in one of the text files if I recall correctly.

Check the file Cotn.ini. It's a huge file with most of the game text in it, and I think there is a list of all the "random" person names.

I found it! It's in languagetext.txt, way down at the bottom. I wouldn't have thought to look there.

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:09 am

Cool. :)

Now what's a really fun thing to do is change only one surname in the list to your own. Then play a game of CotN and at the end, see how many characters have your name. You'll be absolutely stunned because they will be everywhere, doing all kinds of jobs. Some will be vagrants, maybe. It's a fascinating game of rat in a maze.

Return to “Editing”