changing trade site in mid stream

Discussion and help with creating scenarios and campaigns in the Editor
Jytte

changing trade site in mid stream

Postby Jytte » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:41 pm

This might be an odd question, but has anyone tried to change a trade site, while it's trading?

Meaning, I'd like to have a trade site, or a quarry or mine, costing a lower price in the beginning, and then a higher price as things progress. As in, when I first start out it's hard to get enough food together, but as I get more nobles and thus farms, there's plenty food to afford the higher price.

I cannot get a site to decipher how well I'm off, but I can set up two sites, one that charges me say 100 food for some gold, and another (same place and name) charging me say 200 food for the same gold. A trigger that tests for time span or number of nobles or amount of food (and if site 1 is even open in the first place), can then close site 1 and open and activate site 2.

In principle this should work just fine, but in reality, might this get you some trader or other hanging out there with nowhere to go? Or some other problem I haven't thought of ??
Jytte (alias Ubekhet)

Yahya

Re: changing trade site in mid stream

Postby Yahya » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:26 am

I don't know if you'd end up with any issues like a stray trader, but I know that everyone who's made a map has done what you're proposing at least once. :)

The triggers are extremely powerful and you can make some incredible stuff happen.

Return to “Editing”