dissatisfaction level ?

Discussion and help with creating scenarios and campaigns in the Editor
Jytte

dissatisfaction level ?

Postby Jytte » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:17 pm

On the goal page, one has the option of setting a goal of <=> certain levels of dissatisfaction. Only nowhere can I find anything describing what those levels might be. All green = 0 ? and then what? Does anybody know?

Then of course I can't, for various reasons, use the goal page, but need to set up triggers to determine a win. That's fine, except nowhere in the world of triggers can I find anything enabling me to use this parameter :(
Jytte (alias Ubekhet)

Yahya

Re: dissatisfaction level ?

Postby Yahya » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:32 am

I don't remember ever using dissatisfaction as a goal, so I'm not sure how (or if) it works.

There are a couple things in the editor that don't function.

Have you seen my editor guide? I think it's still stickied and can be downloaded. I went through everything in the editor and tested it, and documented the results.

EDIT: Hmm, the link is broken. I'll have to figure out how to sort that out. Put a copy onto Google Drive or something. Now I just need to figure out where the document is. :shock:

Jytte

Postby Jytte » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:51 am

Yes, I've got your editor guide, ever since I started. I downloaded everything back then, have a couple of them I believe. And using it too :)

Yea, I've noticed that some things 'have no function', like the game attribute 'week in range'. I could've used that :(

One thing I have to disagree with.... Every last manual or advice I've seen tells you to start with the river. So I've dutifully done that. But every time I get to the 'outlying areas' where I want to landscape, the hills function always screws up something for me, some times at the other end of the map, this is so frustrating. I'm already well away on my 2nd big map, so too late for this one, but in the future I will start with all the hills and deserts, and then the river. I always have an exact plan of what the map is gonna be anyways, and I don't find the river difficult.
Jytte (alias Ubekhet)

Jytte

Postby Jytte » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:59 am

What I learned a LOT from was downloading a host of user scenarios.... then bring those along with the ones that come with the game up in editor, one at a time. I then study the landscaping (some are beautiful, some not so much) and in particular the triggers... what kind of interesting things have people been doing, and how did they do it. I got a lot of ideas that way, and of course a lesson in triggering :)
Jytte (alias Ubekhet)

Jytte

Postby Jytte » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:07 am

Actually, I'm not sure what I've got.... I have CotN Complete Editor Manual, 51 pages or so.... I don't remember any more if it came with the game, or I downloaded it myself... Is that yours?
I also downloaded those 'lessons' that are on here. And that's all I got. I've used the Manual, which is very good. Practice is the best teacher though.

Edit: meanwhile I see that you uploaded it to heavengames.com, and that's where I found and downloaded it back then.
Jytte (alias Ubekhet)

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:40 am

Ah, cool. Thanks for reminding me.

I think everyone recommends starting with the river because when you are starting out with editing you really need to. It will mess you up every time otherwise.

As you get more comfortable you can really do things in whatever order you like.

Jytte

Postby Jytte » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:49 am

And a great guide it is. It's my 'go to' when I can't remember things.

I remember now how astonished I was that the program didn't come with a guide for the editor. That it was left to a dedicated user to actually write a manual you can use. Really! I'm so glad you did. The editor is the best part of the game, so much fun to make maps and scenarios :)
Jytte (alias Ubekhet)

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:13 pm

It took us ages to get to where we were studying the editor, since we spent so much time studying the game and the citizens. :)

Return to “Editing”